The complete list of clues for every The Masked Singer season 5 contestant
Everything you need to help guess who is under each mask.
Ready to figure out who is behind the mask of every season 5 contestant on The Masked Singer?
That's right: Fox's zany singing competition and celebrity guessing game is back for another season, and as always EW has you covered for all your clue needs.
Each week, we'll be updating the below list with all the info gleaned from the latest clue packages, as well as what happens during the singers' time on stage and the panelists' latest (bad) guesses of each of the contestants' identities.
So get out your deerstalkers and don your best Sherlock Holmes impersonation, because it's time to solve the mystery of who is in the run for the Golden Mask trophy.
- "Black Swans, like me, are incredibly rare," she says to start the first clue package
- There's a Wanted poster with her image on it, and the letters "wanted" and "eward" are in red
- "I was caught up, hypnotized by a Hollywood deal I couldn't resist," she says as the number 5 swings in front of her
- A red chess piece (the Bishop), an engagement ring, a castle, and white doves all appear in the package
- "There was a steep price. I fell under its spell, worried I'd never see the light again," she says as she walks up to a red X on the ground
- Mentions having a "faithful flock" who helped "set me free"
- She holds up a red card at the end of the first package
- To start her second package, she says the judges' week one comments made her want to "put into words how thankful I am to the person who gave me life and the confidence to start this journey"
- Says their road hasn't always been easy, and the higher she flew the harder it was for this person to keep up
- Hardest decision of her life was to let that person go
- "Eventually, we were able to fly back into each others' lives just like birds of a feather do. I'm thankful we never gave up on each other"
- Scales with one black swan and one white swan, a heart, a rowboat, a photo frame, a penny and nickel, a globe, and a letter that says "thank you" with a lipstick mark on it all appear in the second package
- "All this anonymity brings me back to my beginnings, literally," she says to start the third clue package
- When she first started her career, she says she was worried about her appearance so she sent out her auditions without her face showing so that people would only judge her on her talent
- "I wasn't quite what they were expecting," she says, and adds that it made her hesitant to put herself out there again, but recently she realized it was time to take a "leap of faith"
- "So I dove headfirst, and now that I'm anonymous again as the Black Swan, I'm learning that life isn't about how others perceive me but always staying true to myself
- She's shown declining a backpack with the state of Montana on it
- A guy with headphones, a mailbox with three 10s on it, a letter addressed to "Hollywood" from "Anonymous" with a cupid on it, an angry black cat, red and gold leaves, and the word “spot” next to a purple dinosaur all appear in the third clue package
- To start the fourth package, she says growing up wasn't easy for her, and it was just her and her mom in a one-bedroom apartment
- Says music changed her life, thanks to her mom
- "At night, I'd sing for her and it felt like my voice had the power to transport us both into another world"
- Says she bought her mom her first real home when she got successful
- "I continue to sing for her, but not to transport us somewhere else, because we were finally where we belonged"
- A bunny in a rocking chair next to a sign that says "I'm late," a photo of her and her mom, a basket full of yarn, a record player, a glass slipper, two garden gnomes, clocks covered in sparkly lights and white fabric, and a shark fin appear in the fourth package
- Fifth clue package starts with her saying she thought she was going to faint last week, plus she was crying and "spiraling"
- "As a little girl, I would put a hat out on the streets and sing for people"
- She'd ask them what they wanted her to sing and she had "no fear"
- "I'm really trying to channel that fearlessness now that I'm all grown up"
- Says she's singing a song by one of her all-time favorites. "Wonder who?"
- A black umbrella, two empty glasses next to two red lamps, a picture of My Little Pony near a sleeping baby and an atom, a New Hampshire shape, and a Swan Kissed Soda can all appear in the fifth package
- Super Fan Super Clue: "Now let me share a favorite artist of mine: Cher. We've both been a part of iconic fantasy films, and she was a part of my world the very first time I shared my voice."
- "Who would have thought that some black feathers and a sparkly beak would make me realize how free I was as a little girl," she says to start the seventh package
- "Reflecting back, there's a lot I'd say to that younger swan" — she says she'd tell her younger self to ignore the voice saying she's not good enough
- She's shown dancing in a sparkly, dreamy forest
- She's also shown writing with a quill
- "You are good enough, and one day, a wacky, bizarre opportunity will come your way and give you wings you never expected and it will be just what you needed to find yourself again"
- "You are the world's rarest bird for a reason"
- A picture of a maple leaf, a sign that says "Hello my name is 1," a fish aquarium, swan origami, and a sign that says "be unafraid" all appear in the seventh package
- First performance: Sang "Barracuda" by Heart
- When asked how her experience becoming the Black Swan has been, she says, "It's just so far out of my comfort zone but that's exactly why I'm here. So I just love being the Black Swan right now."
- Cluedle-Doo's clue: Black Swan has covered a monster
- Second performance: Sang "In My Blood" by Shawn Mendes
- First Crush Clue: D'Angelo. "His voice and talent, he plays like every instrument… He's just the one for me," Black Swan says.
- Third performance: Sang "How Will I Know" by Whitney Houston
- Meaningful Object Clue: A unicorn. "This is to commemorate one of my best friends, an incredible singer who passed away and is no longer with us," she says. "This friend really taught me how to be myself. She really was one of a kind and this is one of my most treasured possessions."
- Fourth performance: Sang "Use Somebody" by Kings of Leon
- Food Delivery Clue: Goldfish. "This was my favorite snack as a kid. Me and my mom would kill these! We could just go through bags of these," she says.
- Fifth performance: Sang "Do I Do" by Stevie Wonder
- Mind Reader Clue: Mariah Carey. "For the record, I'm a huge fan of hers. Surpassing her record one time was just one of the biggest moments of my entire life," she says.
- Sixth performance: Sang "Thinking Out Loud" by Ed Sheeran
- Mailbox clue: "You're mega-talented. I'll never forget when you were on Oprah, and was so excited you recently got the major recognition you deserve. Love ya."
- Seventh performance: Sang "Tequila" by Dan + Shay
- Clue Drop: A celebrity VIP tag for Robin Thicke. "Robin, I am such a huge fan and I love your music. I even love your dad jokes. It was great bumping into you at that afterparty," she says.
- Eighth performance: Sang "How Am I Supposed to Live Without You" by Michael Bolton
- What it would mean if she won: "It would mean that I conquered some fears. Like a lot of artists, I had to cancel my tour in 2020 and I got scared at some point and now I'm like, okay, I'm acing it again, I'm back in it in a different way."
Judges' guesses: Anya Taylor-Joy, Camila Cabello, Leona Lewis, Lindsay Lohan, Ashlee Simpson, Demi Lovato, Emily Osment, Victoria Justice, Brenda Song, Kesha, JoJo, Christina Milian, Mandy Moore, Normani, Dua Lipa, Björk, Alanis Morissette, Carly Rae Jepsen, Monica
UPDATE: Black Swan placed second in the season 5 finale on May 26. See who she ended up being.
- Standing on a beach, Grandpa Monster says he can't believe the "troublemaking fool" he was as a youngster
- He says he was always acting out until a teacher pulled him aside and "made me see I was smarter than the character I was playing"
- "I decided then to put the 'I' in Einstein and became a star pupil"
- Says he's still "shaking my bad reputation" and that he hopes we're not afraid of "who I was a long time ago"
- A 6.2 ton weight, a chalkboard with x's and o's in the shape of a 6, a collection of numbers, a report card with 97% on it, a shooting star in a spiderweb, and a beach ball all appear in the first package
- He hasn't felt this free since "stranding myself in the wild, castaway just to see if I could survive," he says to start the second package
- Left without food, shelter, and surrounded by wild creatures, he says he was "terrified"
- "It definitely was a challenge, but I made it out by the skin of my three teeth"
- Says he's traveled the world and sold out arenas
- "Not even that pesky Piglet can stand in my way, because when I talk the talk, I walk the walker, baby"
- A picture of a man in a suit doing the splits, a compass with a "W" on it, a boxer dog, an airplane, a Santa hat, a yellow muscle car toy, and a bullseye target with Piglet in the middle all appear in the second package
- First performance: Sang "Mambo No. 5 (A Little Bit Of…)" by Lou Bega
- When asked why he did The Masked Singer, he says, "I think a lot of people assume they know me. The Masked Singer gave me an opportunity to start fresh."
- Cluedle-Doo's clue: Grandpa Monster has trained for battle before
- Second performance: Sang "Bad Reputation" by Joan Jett
- First Crush Clue: Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, and there's a red muscle car next to his picture. "I like Dwayne Johnson because his muscles are huge, his head is shiny, and he's a star in the ring and on the screen," Grandpa Monster says.
- Cluedle-Doo's clue: Of the rift between Piglet and Grandpa Monster in the clue package, Cluedle-Doo says, "This isn't the first fight Grandpa Monster's picked."
Judges' guesses: Johnny Manziel, The Miz, Scott Disick, Kevin Hart, Jack Black, Jake Paul
UPDATE: Grandpa Monster headed on back to the nursing home on March 31. See which Internet star was under that bald spot.
- "Ready for a wild ride? Because I'm one in chameleon," he says while riding a motorcycle
- The license plate reads "Camoflag," as he says he doesn't just blend in, he "put the 'tech' in technicolor"
- Mentions his "pops," who always made sure he kept up with the times
- Dice with the numbers 2 and 3, the letters I.T., the numbers 007, wires and circuit boards, a joystick, an old school video game, and a sign that says "Beware of Pit" all appear in the first package
- "Years ago, when my career almost tanked and I felt totally lost, I leaned back on what [my dad] taught me. I used those tech-savvy skills from my childhood to amplify my career and change the game"
- To start the second package, he says he had to "stand out" and let his "flow shine" in week one
- Says his whole life has been about embracing his uniqueness and he's wanted to help others shine too
- Someone "inseparable" to him was attacked for who she was when they were younger, but he helped to lift her up "until she ultimately learned to embrace what made her unique"
- Then tragedy struck: "She was taken from me. It was the most difficult thing I think I've ever faced. Now I honor her memory by fighting for those who don't feel accepted"
- Says he wants everyone to be "proud" showing their colors
- Cheese and a graduation cap, the word "Bonjour," a dress form, a taxi with peaches on it, a picture of a chameleon with a halo, and a rainbow paintbrush all appear in the second package
- To start the third package, he says there's one person he wants to impress the most: His "lil chameleon"
- "When I was a kid, I fell in love with some other cool reptiles — the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles"
- Says it inspired him to take up martial arts
- "Eventually, I reprogrammed my body, mind, and soul"
- Says martial arts taught him to process his emotions, and he's teaching his kid to express his feelings
- Says he wants to surprise his son as "the superhero chameleon" and "one day, he'll be a superhero, too"
- A swerving car warning sign, clocks set to 3, 4, and 6, a toy torpedo, candles, the color red, and lots of pagodas all appear in the third package
- Says he's always walked to the beat of his own drum to start the fourth package
- He says he's idolized someone he would have "jumped through hoops" to meet, someone he considered "the GOAT"
- He got to meet this person when he was older thanks to a contest for a local radio station
- "It was a championship"
- They later worked together he says, as they chase after a squirrel together
- "Now, I'm lucky to consider him a true friend, my ride or die"
- A man in a lime green suit with a green flyswatter, a complex handshake, a radio tower, a man in a fly outfit with a briefcase that has “#2” on it, a table with a bunch of cash, a disco ball, and a picture of two gazelles butting heads appear in the fourth package
- "The secret to getting it right is to do something that speaks to you," he says to start the fifth clue package
- Says on the show he found his "groove" by making songs his own
- "As a military kid, I always had to adapt from city to city"
- He got good at making friends but saying goodbye "really sucked"
- Says it made him understand airport security and now he has "a solid base that always has my back"
- Says he's singing a song from one of his friends — the Dragon (Busta Rhymes)
- Lemon slices, a captain's hat, a plate of brownies with a sign "brownies for $ale" on it, tea or lemonade of some kind, a toy airplane, and a psychedelic fuzzy throne all appear in the fifth package
- Says he has a theater background, but he never "put on a show where I had to shake my tail"
- Super Fan Super Clue: "No one knows more about keeping up the fight more than my personal hero: Jackie Chan. He'll always bring out a rumble to the stage, just like me."
- "What's special about me is my confidence and my ability to adapt and adjust," he says to start the seventh package
- He's shown in a rainbow-colored psychedelic room as he talks about the challenges of moving around a lot as a kid
- "You have to move and groove, but I was always good at it"
- Talks about how it helped him trailblaze his own path, create his brand, and "reach millions"
- Three bricks on a pedestal and an English double-decker bus appear in the seventh package
- First performance: Sang "Ride Wit Me" by Nelly
- When asked why he did the show, he says, "Well, I love being in front of people, whether it's on stage or in your home."
- Cluedle-Doo's clue: Chameleon has a history with precious gemstones
- Second performance: Sang "21 Questions" by 50 Cent ft. Nate Dogg
- First Crush Clue: Salma Hayek. "I've got a thing for hot ladies, and this chick right here is smokin'," Chameleon says.
- Third performance: Sang "Hip Hop" by Dead Prez
- Meaningful Object Clue: A plate of hot wings. "If anybody knows me, they know I'm always cooking something in the kitchen," he says.
- Cluedle-Doo's clue: The Masked Singer stage isn't the only stage he frequents
- Fourth performance: Sang "Regulate" by Warren G feat. Nate Dogg
- Food Delivery Clue: Fried bird and cricket cake ready meals. "Well if you know me you know I'm always with my gang, and this one's because I support all the troops," he says.
- Cluedle-Doo's Clue: "Chameleon, I very much enjoyed your work on the big screen. I was even rooting for you at the Golden Globes."
- Fifth performance: Sang "Put Your Hands Where My Eyes Could See" by Busta Rhymes
- Mind Reader Clue: Old school Jordan shoes. "This clue should take you a step in the right direction, or maybe the left," he says.
- Sixth performance: Sang "Drop It Like It's Hot" by Snoop Dogg ft. Pharrell Williams
- Mailbox clue: "Any friend of Martha Stewart's is a friend of mine. I even saw you play at Madison Square Garden. I wish you only success."
- Seventh performance: Sang "Oh Boy" by Cam'ron ft. Juelz Santana
- Clue Drop: A snake for guest panelist Darius Rucker. "We shared the stage, and Phoenix was there, and the corndogs were delicious," he says.
- Eighth performance: Sang "Gangsta's Paradise" by Coolio ft. L.V.
- What it would mean if he won: "It would mean everything to me. Of course, I do this for my son and my family and all the hip-hop heads out there, so it would mean the world to me."
Judges' guesses: Dwight Howard, Redfoo, Nick Cannon, Iman Shumpert, Dwyane Wade, 2 Chainz, Waka Flocka Flame, Wiz Khalifa, Machine Gun Kelly, Kyrie Irving, Young Thug, Snoop Dogg, Blake Griffin, Larry Fitzgerald Jr., Riff Raff, Gucci Mane
UPDATE: Chameleon came in third on the season 5 finale on May 26. See who he was.
- "Ok, here's the tea. When people see me, they always see a winner, baby," Phoenix says to start the first package
- Phoenix has graced the cover of many magazines but has "hidden behind a mask most of my life"
- Candles, teacup, a briefcase with "Time Capsule" written on it with an emphasis on the "me," a telescope that says "Hopescope 81" on it, a constellation in the shape of a sports car, a lantern next to some oranges, a bird, ballet shoes, and a crown all appear in the first package
- Mentions having a "superhero dad"
- Phoenix is shown with a large brood of little phoenixes
- Mentions stepping "back into the winners circle"
- First performance: Sang "TiK ToK" by Kesha
- When asked if the wings took any getting used to, Phoenix says, "Wings aren't new to me. I fly all the time. In fact, I flew with one of you recently, but we never met."
- Cluedle-Doo's clue: Phoenix has only one speed — 76 mph
Judges' guesses: Jonathan Van Ness, Caitlyn Jenner, RuPaul
UPDATE: Phoenix flew the coop on March 17. See who this majestic bird ended up being.
- First clue package is reality show-themed and takes place in a show called "Love in the Mud" and he's listed as a "part-time lover, full-time ham"
- Had some troubles in love, but they're a "hopeless romantic" at heart
- A giant purple question mark, an alarm clock set to 6 o'clock, a yellow rose, and a fortune cookie with a "Golden Mask" fortune all appear in the first package
- Says he's "given away a few roses and the world saw my heart break" and he learned that "some flowers have very sharp thorns"
- Has a tattoo with a heart and an axe on it
- He's shown throwing rose petals
- "It may sound crazy but I see a future on that stage… It may only be the first round, but I'm falling for you already"
- To start the second package, he says he sang a love song the first week to "feel right at home" on the show
- He's shown holding a football and doing jumping jacks and aerobics in a locker room
- Says he has a competitive nature that made him a hometown hero
- "When I got to the big leagues, I never anticipated a lifetime of competition with my arch rivals"
- Says it just made him work harder and he "never throws in the towel"
- "It's Friday night all over again, even on a Wednesday. Clear eyes, full belly, can't lose" — possible reference to Friday Night Lights?
- There's a whiteboard that says "Don't be a ball hog! 3528 Rushing In./Game" on it
- A knight in shining armor, a red blotch on a locker, a football helmet with a horse on it, a football stadium, and a scoreboard with the numbers 50:10, 11, 11, and 03 on it all appear in the second package
- "Years ago, I was really getting grilled," he says to start the third clue package
- He's shown behind bars with a lollipop
- He says it was a difficult time but then he met someone "unexpected" and it turned his life around
- "She rescued me from the heat, and gave me a brand new start. And because of her, now I'm a family man"
- Says he wants to grow old with her
- A lei necklace, a genie lamp, candles, a black spider with a pink bow, corn, palm trees, and a blue ribbon that says "1 DR" on it all appear in the third package
- Fourth clue package is very nautical themed
- "While you see me as the happy-go-lucky Piglet, my life hasn't always been smooth-sailing"
- He says he gave up on his dreams and moved back in with his parents; he also broke his finger
- "It was a perfect storm of despair"
- Mentions a pastor who didn't know him "from Adam" who told him of a dream he had of a man with a broken finger sailing a boat towards a terrible storm until a "higher power" steered the boat to safety
- So, he packed up and moved to L.A. and now everything is a sign to him: "But hey, I never want to miss the boat"
- A boat in a storm, candles, a treasure chest with a pine tree air freshener in it, two sunglasses (one blue, one purple), a foam finger making the peace sign, and a UFO all appear in the fourth clue package
- In his fifth clue package, he begins by telling an embarrassing story about how in his "fraternity days" he and his "bros" decided to "shave our heads in unity" right before a huge party
- He found out he has a "huge birthmark on the side of my head shaped like an apple"
- "Dude! I had no idea"
- He runs into the "sorority girl of my dreams" who tells him he really needs hair
- But it all worked out because he later found his real dream girl who loves him and his "apple head"
- A pair of white vampire fangs, the number 1 standing among four numbers (likely a four on the floor reference), blue scissors, a wooden brush, and 4 gold bars all appear in the fifth package
- Super Fan Super Clue: "I'm going to win for myself, my family and my all-time idol: Bruce Willis. I was speechless when we met. I always wanted to meet a fellow action star."
- His seventh package is called "Little Piglet on the Prairie"
- Says he always had a "grueling" schedule but now he enjoys "the simple life, at home with my family"
- "Landscaping, grilling, and football Sunday fun day"
- He says he wants to set the example for his kids to take risks, work hard, and not take themselves too seriously
- He's shown going up to a llama and sticking a microphone in its face
- "I've worked my little piggy tail off to get here, and I can look myself in the mirror and be proud of that"
- A tree of instruments, a playground and slide, a wheelbarrow, a striped purple llama, a mirror with the countryside reflected in it, a cow, and a tractor all appear in the seventh package
- First performance: Sang "Speechless" by Dan + Shay
- When asked how the experience on the show has been for him so far, he says, "Well, I only found out I was doing the show about four days ago so it's been quite an adrenaline rush. But, let's face it, I'm a ham! I love being on stage!"
- Cluedle-Doo's clue: Piglet knows how to stay cool, even in the heat
- Second performance: Sang "Good to Be Alive (Hallelujah)" by Andy Grammer
- First Crush Clue: Meg Ryan. "Look, I'm a romantic. She's the queen of rom-coms. It's a match made in heaven," Piglet says.
- Third performance: Sang "7 Years" by Lukas Graham
- Meaningful Object Clue: Two dog tags next to a charm of the letter P. "These dog tags represent the most important thing in my life. I always have them with me," he says.
- Fourth performance: Sang "The Pretender" by Foo Fighters
- Food Delivery Clue: Cotton candy. "This classic sweet treat reminds me of one of my very first jobs," he says.
- Fifth performance: Sang "Against All Odds (Take a Look at Me Now)" by Phil Collins
- Mind Reader Clue: None. Cluedle-Doo hijacks the clue and says, "What? You thought you'd be seeing into this piggy's brain? Not with me around. I've been following this guy's career since he caught touchdowns from Dan Marino."
- Sixth performance: Sang "Superstition" by Stevie Wonder
- Mailbox clue: "Whether on my TV or in my headphones, I am so lucky I discovered you in the '90s, but I've never been jealous of your public relationships. P.S. I drew your picture."
- Seventh performance: Sang "Bruises" by Lewis Capaldi
- Clue Drop: A poker chip for Jenny McCarthy-Wahlberg. "Well, I'll always go all in for you, especially for charity," he says.
- Eighth performance: Sang "Faithfully" by Journey
- What this journey meant to him: "What this show has done for me is once again remind me how much I love music, and how much we all need music right now as something that can lift our spirits. And I've just been honored to be part of such an incredible journey as this one."
Judges' guesses: Adam Lambert, Charlie Puth, Liam Hemsworth, JC Chasez, Austin Mahone, Jonathan Knight, Kevin Richardson, Zayn Malik, AJ McLean, Lance Bass, Adam Levine, Peyton Manning, Taylor Lautner, Brian Littrell, Nick Lachey, Justin Timberlake, Jeremy Renner, Drew Lachey, Joel Madden, Tim McGraw
UPDATE: Piglet won it all during the season 5 finale on May 26. See who was under that spinning hat.
- "Oh, oh hey there! Sorry, I wasn't expecting you," they say to start the first clue package
- Says they've been doing their own thing for quite some time
- In the beginning of their career they were the "hottest toy," and a sign for Mizfitz Toyz Store is seen in the background
- "Mmm, those were the days"
- They were controlled like a puppet, but "as much as they tried to put me in a box, I just didn't fit"
- Says they were cast aside as they're shown next to a boat wheel
- A milk jug, breadsticks, recycle bins with the word "Office" on them, blue puppet strings, dogs, bears, Transformers, trains, Jack in the Boxes, and other toys all appear in the first package
- There's a Garden State Highway sign next to a bench that says "Coming to a country near you" which features Russian Doll in a cowboy hat
- "Turns out, I can still sell out without being a total sellout"
- "We haven't always been in unison," they say to start the second package
- There was a time one of them "cracked hard"
- "I was doing what I love when I noticed something was seriously wrong. I was rushed to the hospital and there was no guarantee I'd ever be the same"
- Says the "glue that bonds us" saved him
- Trauma made them stronger and now "we don't take anything we do for granted"
- A banjo, a rocking horse, three planets, a family picture with one big Russian Doll and three little ones, a firetruck, a letterman's jacket with the letter M on it, and letter blocks spelling out "help" with the "e" emphasized all appear in the second package
- "When this duo became a trio last time, it was a game-changer for real," they say in the third clue package, standing outside the Lincoln Memorial
- This "epic stage" is a "far cry" from where they started
- They lived a life on the road in their youth
- "We performed everywhere, from parking lots, to softball fields, even pizza restaurants"
- Says their years of hustle paid off because they finally got to perform "for the president" and they "raised the roof of the White House"
- They're shown on a street in NYC. The following signs can be seen: Est. 1905 New York City, 288 8th Avenue, and $1 Pizza
- A white tour bus, a parking lot, a softball field with a megaphone on the ground, a snowglobe with Snow Owls (Clint Black and Lisa Hartman Black), a bowl of fruit, the Oval Office, and a red Statue of Liberty all appear in the third package
- They're shown atop the Statue of Liberty to start the fourth package
- There was a time when everyone gave up on them. "Suddenly, when we looked around, everyone was gone," they say
- "We don't talk about it a lot, but it was tough to start from zero. For years, we went around in circles"
- "Even a blessing from the king herself was thrown away"
- How'd they get back on top? "Practice, practice, practice"
- Just when they thought it was over, they sold out one of the world's most prestigious venues "around the corner" from the "Russian Dolls Tea Room" — guest panelist Rita Wilson mentions that could be a reference to Carnegie Hall
- "We love that you have no idea how many we are, what genders we are, and tonight we set the table to toy with you even more"
- A "Made in Milwaukee" cargo box, a "now leasing" sign for "Indiana Ave.," turnstiles at a train station, a man in a crown, and teacups that say "Eat, Pray, ?" on them all appear in the fourth package
- "When we first started, we never would have expected that putting ourselves out there like that would open us up to some pretty harsh criticism," they say to start the fifth clue package
- Growing up they were laughed at: "Even the way we looked was criticized"
- "Haters are gonna hate, but what we were doing is what we loved to do"
- They say they embraced "not being the coolest" because they reached a lot of people who "maybe felt like outsiders just like us"
- Now they say it's what is inside that matters most
- A dime on top of a nickel, a dove, a gold chain wrapped around a white vase, a teapot and cup, a belt buckle, and a wok on a couch all appear in the fifth package
- Super Fan Super Clue: "The star who has inspired us is our other friend, 'Weird Al' Yankovic. He's literally given us great direction in our lives."
- First performance: Sang "Man in the Mirror" by Michael Jackson
- When asked which one of them makes the decisions, one of them says, "Our ideas work very well together. You see what our dynamic is now."
- Cluedle-Doo's clue: A Russian Doll can sometimes have 15 replicas of itself
- Second performance: Sang "Wonder" by Shawn Mendes
- Self portrait clue: A Warhol-esque painting of them in a car. Of it, they say, "Well, these colors just really pop like we do."
- Cluedle-Doo's clue: A clip backstage of the Russian Dolls saying the panel is never going to guess them, and teasing (or not) a potential fourth member
- Third performance: Sang "Want to Want Me" by Jason Derulo
- Nick "Cannon" Clue: A red t-shirt that says "What goes around, comes around" on it. "We have been together for some time, but as fate would have it, it was time for us to come back together again to the stage," they say.
- Fourth performance: Sang "24k Magic" by Bruno Mars
- Food Delivery Clue: Red jelly beans. "For a very long time we have loved jelly beans, as you can see from our figure," they say.
- Fifth performance: Sang "Shallow" by Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper
- Mind Reader Clue: A kangaroo. "Just like a kangaroo with its joeys, you never know how many of us are going to pop out," they say.
- Sixth performance: Sang "I'm Still Standing" by Elton John
- Mailbox clue: "I was a fan of you individually, but when I saw you band together in person — wow! Like I can't even. Love you to the moon and back again."
Judges' guesses: Lady A, Gwen Stefani and Tom Dumont, Matthew Morrison and Kevin McHale, Sugarland, Boyz II Men, The Jackson 5, Pentatonix, The Jonas Brothers, 98 Degrees, Hanson, Avril Lavigne and Chad Kroeger, Nickelback, Savage Garden, Barenaked Ladies
UPDATE: Russian Dolls said do svidaniya on May 12. See who they ended up being here.
- "Heeeeere's Snail!" he says to start the first clue package, which is very television-themed
- He's acted, directed, produced, recorded albums, and graced the Oscars stage
- "I've rubbed elbows with everyone from Robert De Niro to Lady Gaga to Michelle Obama"
- A spaceship, a neon sign that says "Meatballs," a teddy bear on a late-night show set, a treasure chest, meatballs, and season 2's Eagle (who was unmasked to reveal Dr. Drew Pinsky) all appear in the first clue package
- "While you might say I'm best known for appreciating the talent of those around me, here I want to show those harsh critics that have followed me my whole career that I can shine on my own too, you know?"
- "I can't wait to get out there and snail it!" he says to a live studio audience
- First performance: Sang "You Make My Dreams (Come True)" by Hall & Oates
- When asked how he feels about all of this, he says, "Well I'm here because I want the world to see that even a snail can go anywhere if they put their mind to it, and if you don't mind waiting a long, long time."
- Cluedle-Doo's clue: This Snail is a natural treasure
Judges' guesses: Seth MacFarlane, Adam Sandler, Jay Leno, Jimmy Kimmel
UPDATE: Snail (slowly) trudged on home on March 10. See which shocking celeb was under the shell.
- "When I was young, I was pulled by the tide all around the world with my family," she says to start the first package
- Always "adrift," she says she never felt "grounded" and she found her "peace" by the shore
- When her career took off it was "a massive tsunami of success" but she still drifted
- Says she's worn many hats
- Hasn't sung in a really long time, but wants to face her fears
- A hotdog with pickled relish on it, a green chameleon, a cowboy hat, a witch's broom, and a bell all appear in the first clue package
- "In the past, being alone was scary for me," she says to start the second package
- It's been ages since she's been on stage, but she says she is proud of her first performance
- There's a possible reference to Jenny Slate's Marcel the Shell With Shoes On animated short
- Says she always felt like "a tiny little shell in a big, big world"
- Her world changed when she met a guy that she refers to as "a total jock," but he encouraged her to do things she wouldn't normally do
- She's shown running with a timer going, and it stops at the 2-minute mark
- A camera, yellow flowers, a grey dog, baseballs, bagels, eggs, milk, a grey cat, a sun lamp, and a bunch of cacti in jars appear in the second package
- Her third clue package starts in a mall
- "I've been so fortunate my entire career to walk in a variety of shoes"
- Says one of the things she's most proud of is being called a trailblazer and role model
- She gets stopped at the movies or out shopping, which she doesn't mind at all because when she was younger "shells like me weren't given many opportunities to be seen"
- Seeing people follow in her path keeps her "going strong"
- An orange shopping bag with the Masked Singer logo on it, a two-toned wedding cake, a superhero supply store, strength supplements, and superhero capes and masks all appear in the third package
- Her fourth clue package is news show-themed
- Chyron reads, "Seashells sold by the shore for $119"
- "It's taken me decades to open up"
- Says she remembers the first time she had to go live on TV with no rehearsal: "I thought it'd be a natural disaster, but it was actually freeing and everything changed"
- Another chyron says "Clue alert: Twister, Twister, Shellacking Shore"
- A turkey, a coffee cup, a Christmas tree, TNT explosive, Seashell Scout cookies, and lemon jello all appear in the fourth package
- First performance: Sang "Listen to Your Heart" by Roxette
- When asked what brought her here, she says, "Well, I've always wanted to sing on stage. I used to [sing] way back in the day and I kind of stopped to pursue other careers."
- Cluedle-Doo's clue: No two shells are the same
- Second performance: Sang "Confident" by Demi Lovato
- Self portrait clue: A drawing of her next to a tornado. Inside it is a microphone, a book, a dumbbell, and a dish of food with a whisk in it. Of it, she says, "I wear many hats, so sometimes it can be a little tornado, but I like to see myself as a superhero."
- Third performance: Sang "Tell Me Something Good" by Rufus feat. Chaka Khan
- Nick "Cannon" Clue: A pink t-shirt that says "Motown" on it. "So, Motown brought my family together," she says.
- Fourth performance: Sang "I Think We're Alone Now" by Tiffany
- Food Delivery Clue: None. Cluedle-Doo stole it on stage and apologized to Ken and Jenny specifically for doing so. "I will say this: That chicken better watch out because I know how to make some good fried chicken," she says. Cluedle-Doo later opens it backstage to reveal grapes.
Judges' guesses: Kristin Chenoweth, Hilary Duff, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Ashlee Simpson, Jenny Slate, Haylie Duff, Ashanti, Mýa, Keke Palmer, Alicia Silverstone, Sarah Silverman, Tamera Mowry, Scout Willis
UPDATE: This colorful shell left the shores of The Masked Singer on April 21. Find out who was under her mask here.
- "Sometimes to get the happy ending, you have to go through hell first," he says to start the first package
- He's shown in jail as he says in his darkest days he faced death and to stay "sane" he says he recited his favorite story, The Hunchback of Notre Dame
- He equates himself to Quasimodo, but he says he was a monster whereas Quasimodo was innocent
- Says he promised God if he got another chance, he'd only "do good" — a promise he says he's still fulfilling today
- A donut, a switchblade, a magnifying glass, and a stained glass picture of him battling a snake all show up in the first clue package
- To begin the second package, he says he actually started out as "a fighter"
- His uncle taught him to box
- "One day, I became a champion. Decades later, I retired my gloves"
- He says he was asked to train "a leading man" but then he became one
- "I had no business being a big Hollywood star, but hey, no one's stopping me"
- A Raccoon Crossing sign, a coffee grinder, bubbles, a train set, a white SUV, and a cinema all appear in the second package
- First performance: Sang "Wild Thing" by The Troggs
- When asked how he's doing, Raccoon says, "Great! This is the most fun I've ever had in my life! I can actually be a raccoon."
- Cluedle-Doo's clue: Raccoon is known for being sharp
- Second performance: Sang "Ring of Fire" by Johnny Cash
- Self portrait clue: A crayon drawing of him surrounded by bats and stars. Of it, he says, "I love raccoons anyway, because they're so mischievous, and they crawl around people's backyards. Try to catch one, go ahead, grab his tail and see what happens!"
- Insinuates there is some connection to panelist Jenny McCarthy
Judges' guesses: Gary Busey, Mike Tyson, Danny DeVito, Tony Danza, Sylvester Stallone, Jon Voight
UPDATE: The trash panda escaped the competition on March 24. See who the furry fiend ended up being.
- Binary code background and a computer, futuristic-themed first clue package
- "Where I come from, I was forced to grow thick quills and I was left to fend for myself with nothing but dreams," he says
- Went on "a mission to get on Hollywood's radar"
- Used "4-1-1" to make connections until "a certain angel said hello"
- A lock with a key inside it, a spaceship, DNA strands, a soda can, a statue of George Washington, and some sort of experiment in a glass box are all shown in the first package
- Says he's been in a "funk" lately, to start the second package
- "Around 60 years ago, as a tiny piney in Costa Rica, my superheroes were the workers whose job it was to keep my streets clean"
- Says that was his dream job but life took him on a different path, but to this day, he'll pull over and help them out if he sees them cleaning up
- A trash can with an hourglass on it, a Men Working sign, a lightning bolt necklace, police siren and lights, a cat and mouse, a throne, and various amounts of trash all appear in the second package
- Third package is Temple of Doom-themed
- "I wasn't sure what to expect from this masked adventure, but now I'm on a mission to get to the end"
- Says he's been on a mission his whole career — "a quest for a certain golden relic"
- "It's been an action-packed, fast-paced ride"
- Says he's dodged booby traps and times when his life nearly crumbled, but he always escapes because he's "been Jones-ing for that idol"
- A column with the number 6 on it, golden "MM" letters that fall to reveal "MW," a referee calling travel, and a chalice with a dollar in it all appear in the third package
- To start the fourth package, he says he's been struggling with depression but the show has helped him
- Growing up, his home environment was tough on his self-esteem
- Says he used to sing in the shower but his family would tell him to "shut up"
- One summer, he was riding his bike and stopped at "a block party" and his neighbor asked him to sing and he went for it
- "It was a hit, and I felt this amazing sense of release"
- A, B and C baby blocks, a baby rattle with "fp" on it, a Greek war-like statue, a gingham tablecloth, and burgers appear in the fourth package
- He says his family was on food stamps, to start the fifth clue package
- He says he will never forget a school field trip to a "certain theme park": "Man, it was magical"
- "Looking back, I could never have imagined kids today would feel that same rush on a theme park ride based on a project I had been apart of"
- Says he's thankful but it's bittersweet because someone he loved dearly, who was a big part of the project, is "no longer here"
- "He was taken too soon in the most tragic way, but I was lucky to be on life's roller coaster with him"
- A roller coaster, dart board, primary-colored balloons, a popcorn machine, a pile of books, Grade AA butter, eggs, toast, a jar of jam, and tragedy-comedy masks all appear in the fifth package
- First performance: Sang "Never Too Much" by Luther Vandross
- When asked to speak about himself, he says, "Well my kids and my grandkids told me I was supposed to hang it up a long time ago. 60 years old and I really appreciate the love. Means a lot."
- Cluedle-Doo's clue: Robopine is skilled at not becoming roadkill
- Second performance: Sang "All of Me" by John Legend
- Self portrait clue: A drawing of him jamming out with a red guitar. His shirt has cobwebs and a spider on it. Of it, he says, "I used to have a phobia with spiders. This was my way of confronting my fears, wearing things that I fear the most."
- Third performance: Sang "Killing Me Softly" by Roberta Flack
- Nick "Cannon" Clue: A black t-shirt that says "AKA" on it. "My first show, I came up and they said, 'Porcupine.' And I said, 'No, I'm Robopine.' So, AKA," he says.
- Cluedle-Doo's clue: To Robopine's eye, Robin Thicke is "a hopeless romantic," Jenny McCarthy-Wahlberg "loves to talk," he and Ken Jeong have "both changed," and Nicole Scherzinger is a "friend with benefit"
- Fourth performance: Sang "Let's Get It On" by Marvin Gaye
- Food Delivery Clue: Lobster. "Off the coast of Costa Rica, me and my family get a lot of fresh-water sea diving. It's a family tradition that we kind of pride ourselves on," he says.
- Fifth performance: Sang "Water Runs Dry" by Boyz II Men
- Mind Reader Clue: A lightbulb. "I'm just not hurting for ideas. I'm addicted to creativity, as I would say," he says.
Judges' guesses: Lionel Richie, Jamie Foxx, Ginuwine, Jason Derulo, Wesley Snipes, Eddie Murphy, Terrence Howard, Will Smith, Terry Crews, Aaron Hall, Usher, Tyrese, Tank
UPDATE: Robopine crawled back to his scientifically enhanced forest on May 5. See who was under that spikey mask.
Wildcard #1: Orca
- First clue package starts out in a restaurant called Orca's Piehole
- Menu items include lemon pizza ($9.00), orange pizza ($4.00), and pumpkin pizza ($9.00)
- "I was 24, and closer to becoming a punchline than to achieving my goal of becoming a big star," he says as tomatoes fly and hit the screen
- Says his dad told him if he didn't succeed by 25, it was time to move on
- So, he "improvised" and hid tapes of his work in boxes of pizza and delivered them around town
- "It was my last shot, and at the eleventh hour, boom!"
- Ends with the words "Visit us! 1313 Melville Court" and "extra large, extra anchovies" flashing on screen
- Tomatoes and other pizza ingredients, a ticking clock that stops on 2:59, a VHS tape, a yacht, and a bowl full of jelly candy all appear in the first package
- In his second package, he says he channeled his hero — his father — to handle his nerves in week one
- His dad is shown with a mustache and black bowler hat
- Orca says he is a father, too
- "Even though his health was deteriorating, he became laser-focused on the baby's baptism, and he hung on just long enough to see the ceremony"
- His dad died "days later" and he felt "rudderless, in an ocean of tears"
- With his last words, his dad told him he was proud of him for being a dad
- "His spirit will now live on for generations"
- Swedish fish, a fly swatter, a purple and green orca, a sign with $3 on it, a closeup of Orca's eyes, and an aquarium all appear in the second package
- First performance: Sang "We're Not Gonna Take It" by Twisted Sister
- Self portrait clue: Graffiti-esque portrait of him on a surfboard with a fighter jet above him. Of it, he says, "I'm always a killer and I'm always the biggest fish in every sea, so I always get the biggest wave because nobody sneaks the Orca."
- Second performance: Sang "Every Rose Has Its Thorn" by Poison
- Nick "Cannon" Clue: A blue t-shirt that says "Purrrr" on it. "You know I've got a heart, right? But I also like to purrrrty, you know what I'm saying? So there's three clues in that there shirt," he says.
Judges' guesses: Dave Grohl, Billy Corgan, Kevin Bacon, Fred Durst, Billie Joe Armstrong, Jeremy Renner
UPDATE: Orca swam away on April 14. See who was behind the colorful marine mammal here.
Wildcard #2: Crab
- "All my life, I dreamed of being a star, and I was blessed that my dream came true in a flash," he says to start the first package
- Says everyone wanted to be like him and he felt like a "king crab"
- Has had lots of tragedy in his life
- "It's been a struggle dealing with the darkness that has followed me and my family"
- Says they've been through so many "twists, turns and traumas" but the love of his family gives him strength
- A broken mirror, jellyfish, a calculator with 2+3 on it, athletic wrap, the Mona Lisa, season 1's Bee (Gladys Knight) and season 2's Butterfly (Michelle Williams) all appear in the first package
- To start the second package he says the show reminds him of being a child
- "I got into all sorts of trouble. My mom tried to keep me on the straight and narrow path," he says
- She made him sit in the kitchen while she cooked
- Says he hated it for a while, until he realized she wasn't just trying to help him learn to cook but she was "teaching me the value of family and hard work"
- Says his "punishment turned into a passion" and now his "passion is the heart and soul of my family"
- Big Ben, mac 'n cheese, various cooking utensils, a gleaming chef's knife, a drawing of a crab, and a platter of ribs all appear in the second package
- To start the third package, he says last week he got claustrophobic on stage, and the same thing happened to him at his first talent show
- "I was terrified, and eventually I found the courage to just go for it"
- The audience began screaming, but he didn't know why. He later realized it was applause
- He's shown playing the violin
- He returned to the stage and won
- "Soon I was doing talent shows every chance I got, and thank god, because that's how I got discovered"
- A sign for Brooklyn Bridge Elementary Talent Show, a sun and rainbow, a violin, a Jack of clubs card, and stuffed animals appear in the third package
- First performance: Sang "Ain't No Sunshine" by Bill Withers
- First Crush Clue: Janet Jackson. "We grew up together on Good Times," Crab says.
- Second performance: Sang "Give It To Me Baby" by Rick James
- Meaningful Object Clue: A black bowler hat. "The greatest entertainer, Sammy Davis Jr., used to wear it when he did '[Mr.] Bojangles,' and I admire him so much that I wore it as much as I possibly could," he says.
- Third performance: Sang "In the Air Tonight" by Phil Collins
- Food Delivery Clue: Marshmallows. "I love marshmallows, and my kids love them even more. They love to make s'mores by the fire," he says.
Judges' guesses: Lenny Kravitz, Bobby Brown, Johnny Gill, Martin Lawrence, Shawn Stockman, Ray Parker Jr., Keith Sweat, Flavor Flav
UPDATE: The soulful shellfish went home on April 21. See who he ended up being here.
Wildcard #3: Bulldog
- "My whole life I had to fend for myself, stepping up to any challenge that comes my way," he says to start the first package
- "I made moves on every green field with panthers and pitbulls, running fast like a human torch"
- Says he's technically the sexiest dog alive
- He's a big softie
- "I'll sit, stay, give you my paw — whatever it takes to make you love me"
- Says he's dedicating his performance to someone very special, as a picture of him and Niecy Nash shows on the screen
- A clapboard with "Barkin' bulldog" and the number 80 on it, lots of bling, a bowl with "Super" on it, season 2's Skeleton (Paul Shaffer), graffiti of a GT80 car and a torch, a sign that says "Beware of Dog," and a dog collar with "B99" on it all appear in the first package
- First performance: Sang "Candy Girl" by New Edition
- Meaningful Object Clue: A sign that says, "And... live from New York, it's Saturday Night!" "My dog house is in NY, you know, I'm just a lover for comedy, and I love to get it live," he says.
Judges' guesses: Andy Samberg, Chris Tucker, Chris Rock
UPDATE: Bulldog was put back in the dog house on April 7. See which shocking celebrity he turned out to be.
Wildcard #4: Yeti
- "As a Yeti, I only come out of hiding for a mammoth reason," he says to start the first package
- He says where he comes from, "too many yetis become monsters" but he had a "village of warrior women" to show him the way and make him the man he is today
- "Knowing these warriors had my back gave me the confidence to go for the mountaintop when others wouldn't even dare"
- Says yetis are usually chased from their village but he was raised by it
- He did the show as a thank you to these women
- A bundle of wood tied with twine; an igloo; a sandwich with jelly, raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries on it; three cupcakes with birthday candles; a red heart cutout; a rabbit statue; lots of plants and wicker decor; and three older women appear in the first package, which has a strong Golden Girls vibe
- "Yetis may get lonely, but that's when you find self-growth," he says to start the second package
- He says, "Many moons ago, I had a once in a lifetime role that created an avalanche of success"
- Says his ego caused "tons of chaos," and it all "blew up"
- He says he buried his feelings of failure deep within
- "I tried to forget it ever happened, but I couldn't escape hearing about the wreckage"
- Says he felt lonely, but then he grew, and when he got the "twice in a lifetime" chance to do it again, he left his ego behind
- He's shown doing a line dance
- A ring-tossing game with the numbers 25, 10, 75, and 00 on it, an avalanche, cards with the letters A, B, C, D on them, a stuffed brown dog, and Happy New Year hats all appear in the second package
- To start the third package, he says he showed off a secret skill of his last week: skating
- "I'm really just a family yeti. When my daughter was born, I dropped everything to rush home to be the first to hold her"
- He says that was important to him because his "nana" was the first to hold him, and they "had an unbreakable bond"
- Says his kids give him a purpose, and they are "always pushing me to be bold"
- Red antlers, chocolate ice cream cones with sprinkles, a stuffed panda, a blue pacifier, and a man cutting fabric all appear in the third package
- Super Fan Super Clue: "Speaking of a showman, one of my greatest inspirations is Diddy, who I was lucky to work with. He helped me reach the top of the mountain, yes, indeed."
- "Growing up without my dad in the picture was hard, even though I still had my family," he says to start the fifth package
- "When I was growing up, he knocked on my door, and I had a choice — open myself up to life, or close the door"
- Says he opened the door, and therefore he invited "forgiveness" and "new possibilities"
- "By leaving that resentment out, I could walk a new path paved with positivity"
- A sign for North Pole Post Office, a door, a clock, a crystal ball, a volleyball, three stars in the sky, and a magical forest all appear in the fifth package
- First performance: Sang "If It Isn't Love" by New Edition
- Nick "Cannon" Clue: A blue t-shirt that says "Aphrodite" on it. "Yeti is all about love, love, love," he says.
- Second performance: Sang "Lonely" by Justin Bieber & Benny Blanco
- Food Delivery Clue: Donuts.
- Third performance: Sang "It Takes Two" by Rob Base & DJ EZ Rock
- Mind Reader Clue: Corn on the cob. "Corn popped into my mind," he says.
- Fourth performance: Sang "Bless the Broken Road" by Rascal Flatts
- Mailbox clue: "You are a true triple — nah — quadruple threat. I'm excited you stepped up with a Masked Singer legend, and I'm proud to be your biggest fan."
- Cluedle-Doo Clue: "I just had to stick my beak in and tell you you're so far off with your Yeti guesses. He makes a much better panelist than you do."
- Fifth performance: Sang "Celebration" by Kool & The Gang
- Clue Drop: A Santa Monica surfboard for Nicole Scherzinger. "Nicole, I'll never forget the time that we were rubbing elbows down in Santa Monica," he says.
Judges' guesses: Ray J, Justin Bieber, Taran Killam, Sisqó, Todrick Hall, Justin Timberlake, Mario, Vin Diesel, Trey Songz, Miguel, Ne-Yo, Channing Tatum, Twista, J-Boog, Omarion
UPDATE: Yeti headed back to his icy enclave on May 19. See who was under that adorable mask.
- First clue: "You know I'm not just a roaster rooster who likes to cause chaos; I'm an undercover celebrity myself. I've helped with clues to the other masks, but Cluedle-Doo, you want the first clue to who I am, too? Drumstick, I mean drum-roll, please. I have a connection to another mischievous masked singer from the past: the Gremlin. So chew on that, Nick Cannon. I'll see you soon when my identity will be revealed right on that stage."
- In a musical segment that aired on the show, he says, "You've seen me in the kitchen, now solve my identity like you'd solve a jigsaw puzzle. Even Ken Jeong should figure me out!"
- Clue Drop: A toy giraffe for Ken Jeong. "Ken, this is not the first time we've been around animals together but it will be the last," he says.
Judges' guesses: Kevin James, Jamie Foxx, Akon
UPDATE: Cluedle-Doo was unmasked on May 19. See who the wacky rooster really was.
The Masked Singer
Celebs compete in this reality-singing TV show while wearing elaborate costumes to conceal their identities. Can you guess the celebrity behind the mask?