CBS orders new series starring Julian McMahon, Pauley Perrette, and Patricia Heaton
Now that it’s taken care of its returning shows, CBS has announced the new series that will debut on its schedule in the fall — including a new drama from The Good Fight creators Michelle and Robert King, a new comedy for Patricia Heaton, and a procedural from Dick Wolf.
Here are the new shows that CBS plans to debut during the fall 2019-20 schedule:
- Evil, from Michelle and Robert King. Logline: “Evil is a psychological mystery that examines science vs. religion and the origins of evil. The series focuses on a skeptical female forensic psychologist who joins a priest-in-training and a carpenter to investigate and assess the Church’s backlog of supposed miracles, demonic possessions and unexplained phenomena.”
It stars Michael Emerson, Katja Herbers, and Mike Colter.
- FBI: Most Wanted, from Dick Wolf and Rene Balcer. Logline: “Series centered on the Fugitive Task Force of the FBI that tracks and captures the notorious criminals on the FBI’s Most Wanted list.”
It stars Julian McMahon, Alana de la Garza, Keisha Castle-Hughes, and Kellan Lutz.
- All Rise, from Greg Spottiswood. Logline: “A drama that follows the dedicated, chaotic, hopeful, and sometimes absurd lives of judges, prosecutors, and public defenders as they work with bailiffs, clerks and cops to get justice for the people of Los Angeles amidst a flawed legal system.”
It stars Wilson Bethel, Jessica Camacho, Marg Helgenberger, and Ruthie Ann Miles.
The network also picked up four comedies:
- Bob Hearts Abishola, from Chuck Lorre, Eddie Gorodetsky, and Al Higgins. Logline: “After having a heart attack, a middle-aged sock businessman from Detroit unexpectedly falls for his cardiac nurse, a Nigerian immigrant, and sets his sights on getting her to give him a chance.”
It stars Billy Gardell, Folake Olowofoyeku, and Christine Ebersole.
- Broke, from Alex Herschlag. “When an outrageously wealthy trust fund baby is cut off by his father, he and his wife move into her estranged sister’s Reseda home, forcing the two siblings to reconnect.”
It stars Pauley Perrette and Natasha Leggero.
- Carol’s Second Act, from Emily Halpern and Sarah Haskins. Logline: “After raising her two children and retiring from teaching, Carol Chambers embarks on a unique second act: pursuing her dream of becoming a doctor.”
It stars Patricia Heaton and Kyle MacLachlan.
- The Unicorn, from Bill Martin, Mike Schiff. Logline: “A tight-knit group of friends and family help a widower move on following the most difficult year of his life, which includes being an ill-equipped but devoted single parent to his two daughters, and taking the major step of dating where, to his shock, he’s a hot commodity.”
It stars Walton Goggins, Rob Corddry, and Michaela Watkins.
CBS will present its fall 2019 schedule to advertisers on May 15.