American Idol picks its top 20 — see who made the cut
This… is American Idol‘s top 20.
Judges Katy Perry, Luke Bryan, and Lionel Richie narrowed the search for their eponymous star on Sunday’s episode of ABC’s reality singing competition.
After picking the top 40 during Hollywood Week, the show went to Hawaii for the showcase round performances from Disney’s Aulani Resort & Spa, where the list was cut in half. They now head back to Los Angeles and will perform in front of a live audience from the famed The Wiltern starting Monday. Home audiences will get to start voting with the show’s April 15 broadcast.
Watch a first look video of the top 20 above, and see the full list below:
- Madison Vandenburg – Cohoes, N.Y.
- Shawn Robinson – Atlanta, Ga.
- Eddie Island – Nashville, Tenn.
- Evelyn Cormier – Claremont, N.H.
- Alyssa Raghu – Orlando, Fla.
- Ryan Hammond – Modesto, Calif.
- Raquel Trinidad – Tampa, Fla.
- Logan Johnson – Boise, Idaho
- Dimitrius Graham – Baltimore, Md.
- Riley Thompson – Mabank, Tex.
- Walker Burroughs – Birmingham, Ala.
- Bumbly – New York, N.Y.
- Ashley Hess – Fremont, Calif.
- Alejandro Aranda – Pomona, Calif.
- Laine Hardy – Livingston, La.
- Kate Barnette – Kennesaw, Ga.
- Uché – Sugar Land, Tex.
- Jeremiah Lloyd Harmon – Catonsville, Md.
- Laci Kaye Booth – Livingston, Tex.
- Wade Cota – Phoenix, Ariz.
American Idol airs Sundays and Mondays at 8 p.m. on ABC.
Ryan Seacrest hosts as Katy Perry, Lionel Richie, and Luke Bryan guide aspiring singers on their way to superstardom.