Stranger Things 3 trailer debuts new location and creature: See the season's first photos
Good news: There’s a super-cute new mall in Hawkins, Indiana.
Bad news: Hawkins is still the location of an interdimensional portal with a lot of evil stuff.
Netflix has unveiled the new trailer and several images for Stranger Things 3, and at first, it seems like a typical summer for the now-teens of the blockbuster series.
Set to the Who’s “Baba O’Riley,” the trailer finds the core friend group — Mike (Finn Wolfhard), Eleven (Millie Bobby Brown), Dustin (Gaten Matarazzo), Lucas (Caleb McLaughlin), Will (Noah Schnapp) and Max (Sadie Sink) — just hanging out and having a fun summer. But nothing is, of course, that simple in Hawkins, and soon enough chaos breaks out all over town along with the appearance of some very big, very slimy creatures.
Along with the trailer come these first-look photos:
Other points of interest:
- Hopper (David Harbour) and Eleven have both discovered shirts with prints.
- Joyce (Winona Ryder) is still forlorn but has a cute new cut.
- The unexpected bromance between Dustin and Steve (Joe Keery) continues!
- The older kids have jobs: Steve works at Starcourt, Billy (Dacre Montgomery) is a lifeguard, and it seems like Nancy (Natalia Dyer) and Jonathan (Charlie Heaton) are working at the local newspaper.
- There are glimpses of new characters played by Maya Hawke, Jake Busey, and Cary Elwes as Hawkins’ mayor.
- A lot of the action seems to revolve around the Starcourt and a county fair (always bad news in genre films).
Stranger Things 3, created by Ross and Matt Duffer, debuts July 4 on Netflix. Watch the new trailer above.