John Mayer’s music could be coming to TV in a big way.
EW has confirmed that Crazy Rich Asian‘s Harry Shum Jr. and How to Get Away With Murder‘s Katie Findlay have joined the ABC pilot Heart of Life, which is inspired by the John Mayer song of the same name.
Heart of Life follows two sets of adult siblings from wildly different worlds who discover they’re related and must reassess everything they thought they knew about their shared father. As they explore the mystery of their separate childhoods, they’ll experience the difficulty in overcoming the sins of the past, and learn the joys of reuniting with long-lost family. As for Shum and Findlay, they’ll be playing one set of siblings named Brendan and Sydney Winter.
Additionally, EW has confirmed that Dave Annable will also star. According to Deadline, which first reported the casting, he will play Wes, the brother in other sibling pair.
The pilot is set to be directed by Anne Fletcher (Dumplin’, The Proposal) with Mayer on board as an executive producer alongside Melvin Mar, Jake Kasdan, and Paul Weitz.
- TV pilots guide: Every new show in the works
- Crazy Rich Asians: Harry Shum Jr. mid-credits scene explained
- Songs that deserve to be turned into TV shows
- Former NCIS star Pauley Perrette starring in CBS comedy pilot
- Desperate Housewives star Marcia Cross joins Jane the Virgin spin-off
*This article has been updated to include Dave Annable’s casting.