The mysterious origins of Lindsay Lohan’s viral #DotheLiLo dance come to light in EW’s exclusive sneak peek at tonight’s episode of the actress-entrepreneur’s MTV reality show.
Laying the foundation for what would go on to become one of the most meme-ified moments of 2018, the clip (below) sets the stage for Lohan’s adorably awkward beachside groove during an LGBT Pride celebration on the shores of Mykonos.
“All of the VIP hosts and ambassadors were amazing. They did such a great job at Pride and I was happy to see everyone having a great time,” Lohan says in a confessional of shepherding her employees into an outdoor dance party as a reward for their hard work. “I decided they need to really let loose and show them what Mykonos is all about and how fun it can be.”
Lohan’s associates then start chanting her name in an attempt to get her to bust a move, and the LiLo dance was born.
“We just started dancing!” Lohan previously told EW of the moment, admitting that she wasn’t aware the clip (filmed by a bystander during production of Beach Club, which follows Lohan’s ventures as a day club owner and operator in the Grecian paradise of Mykonos) had spread across the web until a colleague sent her a link to one of the memes inspired by the dance. “She goes ‘This dance is going viral. It’s called #DotheLilo!’ and I was like, ‘What are you talking about?’
Lindsay Lohan’s Beach Club returns tonight at 10:00 p.m. ET on MTV. Watch EW’s exclusive sneak peak above.
- Lindsay Lohan clashes with ‘problem’ employee in exclusive Beach Club clip
- Lindsay Lohan channels Ariel, saves lobster from certain death in Beach Club clip
- Lindsay Lohan gets emotional over Beach Club slap fight in exclusive clip
- Lindsay Lohan didn’t know her viral Mykonos dance was filmed: ‘I was just dancing!’
- Lindsay Lohan gets emotional about her liberation and career comeback: ‘I’m the boss’ now