After 11 seasons on Lifetime, Project Runway is returning to its original network for season 17 — and that means it’s time for a makeover.
That’s right: Heidi Klum and Tim Gunn are out (off to a new fashion-competition series on Amazon), and in are supermodel Karlie Kloss and fashion designer Christian Siriano.
“Watching this show with my sisters was really my first introduction to fashion — and we sucked my poor dad into it,” Kloss, 26, has told EW about joining Runway. “So it’s a pinch-me moment to be a part of the show now.”
Other fresh elements include a new workspace in Brooklyn and an actual set for the runway shows. But longtime fans can still expect a diverse group of designers and impassioned critiques from Siriano, 33, and the judges. (Runway mainstay Nina Garcia, designer Brandon Maxwell, and journalist Elaine Welteroth round out Kloss’ weekly judges’ panel.)
Also in are a first look trailer (above) and 16 new designers hoping to win the the largest prize in the show’s history — $250,000 furnished by the Pilot’s FriXion Erasable Gel Ink Pen — a feature in ELLE, and his or her own featured role in a Bluprint digital series as well as $50,000 to put toward their own design studio also courtesy of Bluprint. Plus, for the first time ever, “Project Runway” is partnering with one of the most prestigious organizations in fashion, CFDA (The Council of Fashion Designers of America) for a one-on-one mentorship including all the tools and connections to create, grow, and sustain a business in fashion.
Here’s the list of designers:
· Afa Ah Loo – Lotopa, Samoa
· Rakan Shams Aldeen – Homs, Syria
· Cavanagh Baker – Nashville, TN
· Tessa Clark – Greenville, OH
· Bishme Cromartie – Baltimore, MD
· Venny Etienne – Brooklyn, NY
· Jhoan “Sebastian” Grey – Cali, Colombia
· Renee Hill – Philadelphia, PA
· Sonia Kasparian – Portland, OR
· Kovid Kapoor – Brooklyn, NY
· Frankie Lewis – Louisville, KY
· Lela Orr – Monroe, LA
· Jamall Osterholm – Cranston, RI
· Nadine Ralliford – Stone Mountain, GA
· Gary “Garo Sparo” Spampinato – Bayshore, NY
· Hester Sunshine – Santa Fe, NM
Project Runway season 17 will be comprised of supersized 90-minute episodes and premieres on March 14 at 8 p.m. on Bravo.
- Heidi Klum, Tim Gunn quit Project Runway to launch Amazon series
- New Project Runway mentor Christian Siriano gives exclusive tour of new workroom set
|Available For Streaming On|