Everything we know so far about American Horror Story: Apocalypse
Well, that was a helluva reveal.
At the Television Critics Association panel for American Horror Story: Apocalypse earlier this month, we got a good amount of info about the new secretive season which involves a Murder House/Coven crossover — and more and more information has been coming out since. Here’s everything we know so far:
- Sarah Paulson is playing Billie Dean/Cordelia/Venable, Kathy Bates is Ms. Meade, Emma Roberts is Madison Montgomery, Adina Porter is Dina Stevens, Leslie Grossman is Coco St. Pierre-Vanderbilt, and Billie Lourd is Mallory.
- Paulson confirmed that Cordelia is indeed still the Supreme. “She is the Supreme as of now,” said Paulson.
- The apocalypse ain’t the climax. “The story begins with the end of the world and then our world begins,” teased executive producer Alexis Martin Woodall.
- Jessica Lange will indeed return as Constance Langdon, her Murder House character, in an episode directed by her good pal Paulson. Star Evan Peters will also direct an episode of the series.
- Emma Roberts promised that Madison will be just as nasty as before. She was shooting recently and was told by the director “to be bitchier.”
- This season will apparently feature wild hair. Bates’ hair is both shaved on the sides and dyed black and Grossman apparently wears a cage on her head at one point.
- Cody Fern (The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story) will play Michael Langdon, the Anti-Christ introduced in Murder House.
- Peters, Billy Eichner, and Joan Collins will also appear this season.
- Ryan Murphy has said that it’s set in the near future.
- Key Coven members, including Taissa Farmiga, Gabourey Sidibe, Lily Rabe, Frances Conroy, and Stevie Nicks, are also set to return for Apocalypse.
- Also set for an AHS comeback? Murder House alums Connie Britton and Dylan McDermott.
- On Aug. 28, Murphy revealed on Instagram that Peters will be back as Tate, his character from Murder House.
See some of the set photos revealed by Murphy and cast members below:
And here are a few of the teasers for the new season, along with its first poster:
American Horror Story: Apocalypse premieres Sept. 12 on FX.
This post has been updated with more information about the new AHS season.
American Horror Story: Apocalypse