Oh, and a bunch of new faces, too
As soon as your holiday siesta is over, it’ll be time to return to MTV’s Siesta Key.
The second half of the reality show’s freshman season kicks off on Jan. 15, EW can reveal. The show will be picking up in summer right where the first half left off before things start to heat up even further into the fall.
“Since last summer, Kelsey, Garrett, and Juliette are caught in an intense love triangle while Brandon and Madisson’s relationship hits shaky ground,” the show’s official logline says. “Alex tries to focus on school and Chloe on her family, but they can’t escape the drama of Siesta Key. New friends invade the scene as love, friendship, and fun comes with a cost of heartbreak and betrayal within this newly-minted friend circle.”
Given a look at the exclusive trailer above, that only begins to scratch the surface. Some important things to note:
- Juliette’s revenge romance with Garrett is still on. But then again, we all know the same can be said for Kelsey and Garrett’s feelings towards each other.
- Brandon and Madisson may have exchanged “I love yous,” but it looks like he’s about to cheat with new girl Canvas.
- Canvas isn’t the only new face in town. We’ll soon be getting to know Tarik, Carson, and Hannah, too. And Madisson’s little sister Paige looks like she’s going to be around a bit more as well. (Catch a glimpse at all of them in the new cast photo below.)
- Whatever happened to Alex’s jaw remains a mystery.
- Chloe’s still around. And that’s a great thing.
Siesta Key returns Jan. 15 at 10 p.m. on MTV.