The Originals: Julie Plec reveals the final season's true ship — and it's not Klaroline
Although The Vampire Diaries‘ Candice King is set to reprise her role as Caroline in the final season of The Originals, fans shouldn’t expect Klaus (Joseph Morgan) and Caroline’s relationship to be the season’s main ship.
In an effort to raise funds for the Hispanic Federation’s Hurricane Maria relief program in Puerto Rico (more information here), creator and showrunner Julie Plec held a Q&A on Twitter Saturday where she answered questions about the vampire series’ forthcoming fifth and final season. During the Q&A, one fan asked if Klaus’ relationship with Hope (played by new cast member Danielle Rose Russell) and his siblings would be the relationship that mattered most this season. Plec said yes.
“100% the true ship of the season is Klaus and his family,” tweeted Plec.
In case you forgot, the fourth season ended with Vincent (Yusuf Gatewood) defeating the Hollow by placing part of it in each one of the Mikaelsons, forcing them to scatter and never see each other again. Season 5 picks up eight years later during Mardi Gras.
Here are seven other things we learned about the new season:
1. Klaus and Caroline will be spending a lot of time together
2. Caroline’s arc won’t just be about Klaus
3. Hayley (Phoebe Tonkin) and Elijah (Daniel Gillies) haven’t forgotten how much they love each other
4. Matt Davis will reprise his role as Alaric — and he won’t be alone
5. Of course, Kol (Nathaniel Buzolic) and Davina (Danielle Campbell) will appear, too
6. Marcel will get introspective
7. Even though they’re supernatural beings, Hayley and Hope’s dynamic will be just like every other mother-teenaged daughter relationship
The 13-episode final season is expected to premiere on The CW in 2018.
Joseph Morgan and Daniel Gillies star as Klaus and Elijah Mikaelson in this Vampire Dairies spin-off about the first family of vampires, their life in New Orleans, and the witches and werewolves who live there.