There’s not been much cause to laugh since the Parisian days of Outlander‘s second season — what with the decades apart, blazing fires, and crazy second wives and all — but this week’s episode, “The Doldrums,” offered up a few moments for a wee chortle.
Okay, so it wasn’t all plain sailing for Jamie (Sam Heughan) and Claire (Caitriona Balfe) when they hit the high seas on their quest to return young Ian safely to his home and family, and, sure, the episode ended pretty disastrously… STILL, between the ridiculous maritime superstitions and some classic Jamie one-liners, it was one of the more lighthearted episodes in a long time.
Here are 10 moments that really made us laugh — in GIF form, of course!
1. When Jamie insisted Claire touch the horseshoe for luck.
2. When Jamie’s kind-of adopted kids announced they were married.
3. When Jamie told Claire and Marsali they would share a cabin and neither was impressed.
4. When Jamie started reeling off all of Fergus’ sexual conquests.
5. When the ships’ captain told Claire a woman’s bare breasts calm an angry sea and Claire was like, sorry, what now?!
6. When Jamie didn’t know what “fizzle out” meant.
7. When Jamie didn’t tell Claire he was having acupuncture to stop his seasickness in case it hurt her feelings and then walked around looking like a “pin cushion.”
8. When Yi Tien Cho told his entire life story (including describing women’s body parts as different fruits) to distract the fighting crew.
9. When Jamie made his bedroom face.
10. When everyone left on the British Man-of-War was roughly 12 years old.
Outlander airs Sundays at 8p.m. ET on Starz.
|Available For Streaming On|