The actress looks back at her first day on set of the hit show
With episode 100 of The Walking Dead almost upon us with the Oct. 22 season 8 premiere on AMC, we’ve been asking the stars to remember their first day ever on set. But taking a stroll down memory lane can bring up a lot of recollections, and some of them that may or may not actually be from their first day. Which brings us to Lauren Cohan.
“What do I remember about my first day on the show was probably being on horseback and going through the woods with a bat and knocking out the walker that was about to take Lori,” says Cohan, who plays Maggie Greene. But hold the phone! “I don’t know if that’s my very first day,” she reconsiders. ”But that’s the one I remember the most.”
But wait! She then remembers more! “When I first started, it was the scene where Carl has been shot and he comes into the house and we’re all kind of shell-shocked and reacting to the group. And I remember myself and Emily [Kinney] and Scott [Wilson] were new to the show and we knew it was great. I can literally remember standing in that living room of that house we shot in, and it was a real house. I remember the feeling of tension and not knowing what was coming and sort of like a train was on its way and you weren’t going to stop it.”
That train will be chugging into the station that is season 8 on Oct. 22. To see Cohan reminisce more about what may or may not be her first day on The Walking Dead, check out the video at the top of this post. And for more Walking Dead scoop, follow me on Twitter @DaltonRoss.
• What The Walking Dead cast wants for the next 100 episodes
• The Walking Dead without Andrew Lincoln’s Rick Grimes ‘absolutely’ could happen
• The Walking Dead portrait gallery
• Watch Andrew Lincoln prank Norman Reedus with glitter bomb
• The Walking Dead: Corey Hawkins not likely to appear in season 8
• The Walking Dead showrunner says Rick-Negan war will end in season 8
• The Walking Dead: Maggie will not give birth in season 8
|Available For Streaming On|