After all that speculation surrounding who’d be the next Bachelor — Wells? Eric? Dean? PETER?! — ABC announced on Good Morning America that they have decided to partake in Throwback Thursday and take fans all the way back to Emily Maynard’s season of The Bachelorette. You know, the one that aired in 2012?
Well, if you remember, Emily ended up choosing Jef Holm over this guy named Arie Luyendyk Jr. And now, Arie is going to get his second shot at love as The Bachelor. But just in case you need a refresher on who Arie is, here’s what you need to know:
- He’s a 35-year-old race car driver, so odds are we can expect at least one date at a race track.
- His family speaks Dutch, and they will use that fact to their advantage on hometowns. (Translation: They’ll talk about Arie’s dates while they’re still in the room and claim it’s all “positive.”)
- Just weeks after Emily sent him home, he dated Courtney Robertson from Ben Flajnik’s season of The Bachelor. Obviously that didn’t work out.
- He’s best known for loving to kiss up against walls, specifically:
- Bachelor Nation last saw Arie when he went on Sean Lowe’s season of The Bachelor to give his friend advice (and then when he later attended Sean and Catherine’s wedding).
- Back in 2015, Sean revealed that Chris Soules was actually the second choice for Bachelor… behind Arie, so his name has been in The Bachelor rotation for quite some time.
But really, it’s all about the kissing and the Bachelor producers know it…