The Walking Dead resumes production after stuntman's death
John Bernecker died Wednesday after suffering 'serious injuries' on the AMC show's Georgia set
The eighth season of the AMC series had been temporarily halted when Bernecker suffered “serious injuries” Wednesday on the set and was pronounced dead later in the day at Atlanta Medical Center.
“Our production is heartbroken by the tragic loss of John Bernecker,” showrunner Scott Gimple said in a statement released on Friday. “John’s work on The Walking Dead and dozens of other movies and shows will continue to entertain and excite audiences for generations. We are grateful for his contributions, and all of us send our condolences, love, and prayers to John’s family and friends.”
Jeffrey Dean Morgan and Lauren Cohan were among the cast members to also send their condolences.
Along with sending its thoughts to the family and friends of the 33-year-old stuntman, who also worked on Logan and The Fate of the Furious, SAG-AFTRA said in a statement, “The safety of our members is paramount. We will work with the authorities and closely monitor their investigations into this tragic incident.”
The Walking Dead is set to return to AMC in October.