There have been 13.8 million tweets about the show so far in 2017
Game of Thrones has a Twitter following the size of Daenerys’ current fleet, topping the social media site’s list of most tweeted about TV shows in 2016.
According to Twitter, the HBO fantasy hit was one of the Top 10 trends of 2016 on Twitter — the only TV show to make the list — and is on track to win again in 2017, thanks to 13.8 million tweets about the show so far this year.
To break it all down, here are the top five episodes tweeted about of all time:
- “The Winds of Winter,” the season 6 finale
- “The Red Woman,” the season 6 premiere
- “Battle of the Bastards,” the penultimate episode of season 6
- “Mother’s Mercy,” the season 5 finale
- “Home,” the second episode of season 6 in which Jon Snow is resurrected
The top five Game of Thrones characters tweeted about from season 6:
- Jon Snow
- Daenerys Targaryen
- Sansa Stark
- Arya Stark
The top three most followed Thrones-associated official accounts:
And just because, below are the top 10 trending emojis used to tweet about Game of Thrones (naturally, the dragons come out on top):
Game of Thrones returns July 16 at 9 p.m. on HBO.
|Available For Streaming On|