Bachelor in Paradise star DeMario Jackson: Show the tapes
DeMario Jackson says he doesn’t blame anyone about the growing scandal regarding his participation on Bachelor in Paradise. He just wants the tapes of his now-infamous encounter with Corinne Olympios to go public.
“The only thing I want is for the truth to come out,” Jackson told Inside Edition. “I feel like the truth will be able to come out in those videos.”
The 30-year-old also said he’s lost his job as an executive recruiter as a result of the alleged sexual encounter, which led to Warner Horizon suspending production in Mexico and sending the cast home. ABC has yet to announce whether it will postpone or cancel the show’s Aug. 8 debut.
“My character has been assassinated, my family name has been drug through the mud,” Jackson said to Inside Edition.
He also claimed to be hiding out at a family member’s house because of the intense scrutiny.
Along with hiring Hollywood power attorney Marty Singer, Olympios, 25, released this statement about the alleged encounter she says took place on June 4: “As a woman, this is my worst nightmare and it has now become my reality. As I pursue the details and facts surrounding that night and the immediate days after, I have retained a group of professionals to ensure that what happened on June 4 comes to light and I can continue my life, including hiring an attorney to obtain justice and seeking therapy to begin dealing with the physical and emotional trauma stemming from that evening.”
Jackson, who hired attorney Walter Mosley, also released a statement earlier that said, “It’s unfortunate that my character and family name has been assassinated this past week with false claims and malicious allegations. I will be taking swift and appropriate legal action until my name is cleared and, per the advice of legal counsel, will be seeking all available remedies entitled to me under the laws.”
See more of Jackson’s interview with Inside Edition in the video above.
Bachelor in Paradise