Going IRL: Live podcast shows to attend this summer (and beyond)
With live tour dates in many major cities, podcasters are becoming rock stars. Here’s a sampling of some of our favorites who are hitting the road.
- Dates: Now–July 15
- Details: If you think today’s headlines are unbelievable, think again. Comedians Dave Anthony and Gareth Reynolds dig up some of the country’s forgotten tales that are too absurd to believe. Anyone remember the 10-Cent Beer Night riot of ’74?
- Tickets: Visit The Dollop’s site for more information and buy here.
Doug Loves Movies
Dates: Now–Sept. 2
Details: As the host of one of the longest running podcasts, stand-up comic Doug Benson knows how to put on a great show. Between a panel of celeb guests and a lively round of film trivia, there’s no telling which way the night will go.
Tickets: Visit Doug Loves Movies’ site for more information and buy here.
The Last Podcast on the Left
Pod Save America
Dates: Now–May 17
Details: Four former Obama staffers-turned-podcasters bring their distinct brand of political commentary on a tour of the West Coast. More Veep than C-SPAN, it’s a mix of substance and unapologetic opinion.
Tickets: Visit Pod Save America‘s site for more information and buy here.
- Dates: Now–Dec. 16
- Details: For an uncensored storytelling experience, see strangers get on stage to share personal life stories. Each show centers on a theme like “shame” or “hope,” so expect to feel a range of emotions that will leave you cracking up one moment and in shock the next.
- Tickets: Visit Risk!‘s site for more information and buy here.
Tell Me Something I Don’t Know!
- Dates: May 8–June 16
- Details: For trivia-night fans who want to go to the next level: A panel of experts in a variety of fields take seemingly simple fun facts supplied by the audience and investigate the topics even further. Not quite a game, not quite a lecture, but everyone leaves a little bit wiser.
- Tickets: Visit TMSIDK‘s site for more information on where to buy tickets.
Bitch Sesh: A Real Housewives Breakdown
Jay & Silent Bob Get Old
Dates: June 21–Aug. 11
Details: Kevin Smith and Jason Mewes may not be channeling their big-screen stoner alter egos, but they do still have raunchy senses of humor. No matter the size of the venue, Smith’s verbose discussions on nerd culture and Mewes’ candor about his past addictions will make you feel like you’re among old friends.
Tickets: Visit Jay & Silent Bob’s site for more information on where to buy tickets.