Tim McGraw and Faith Hill unveil first joint album, The Rest of Our Life
Country superstars and power couple Tim McGraw and Faith Hill have finally revealed what they’ve been working on behind closed doors: The Rest of Our Life, their first joint album. In addition to the black-and-white album artwork and detailed listing of its 11 tracks, the duo dropped the music video for the title song on Amazon Music Unlimited.
The “Rest of Our Life” video will only be available on the player for the next 48 hours, while the song itself makes the rounds on country radio channels. The song was written by Ed Sheeran, Amy Wadge, Johnny McDaid, and Steve Mac. In the footage, McGraw and Hill act out a marital rift as the “Breathe” singer flees their limo in a rage.
The couple reunites at a diner and makes up, with both singing, “I’ll be fine if my grey hair shows/ I’ll be fine if my waistline goes/ I’ll be fine even when time takes its toll/ I’ll stay up for the rest of my life with you.”
McGraw and Hill announced plans for the LP, to be released through Sony Music Entertainment, back in March. Days later, they dropped the first single, “Speak to a Girl,” penned by Shy Carter, Dave Gibson, and Joe Spargur.
See the album art and tracklisting below.
1. “The Rest of Our Life” (Ed Sheeran/Amy Wadge/Johnny McDaid/Steve Mac)
2. “Telluride” (Jon Randall/Jessi Alexander)
3. “The Bed We Made” (Lori McKenna/Liz Rose/Hillary Lindsey)
4. “Cowboy Lullaby” (Brett James/Brett Beavers)
5. “Break First” (Emily Weisband/Ashley Gorley/Jerry Flowers)
6. “Love Me to Lie” (Hayley Warner/Maureen McDonald/Nathan Chapman)
7. “Sleeping in the Stars” (Jaida Dreyer/Mark Irwin/Gareth Dunlop)
8. “Damn Good at Holding On” (Lori McKenna/Barry Dean)
9. “Devil Callin’ Me Back” (Jesse Frasure/Ben Caver/Nolan Sipe)
10. “Speak to a Girl” (Shy Carter/Dave Gibson/Joe Spargur)
11. “Roll the Dice” (Shy Carter/Bobby Hammrick/James LeBlanc/Meghan Trainor)
McGraw and Hill embarked on their first joint tour in more than a decade, Soul2Soul: The World Tour 2017. “Any artist will tell you that when they get out and play new stuff, there’s a freshness to it,” McGraw told EW of debuting their new material. “And when the audience hasn’t heard it but they act like they have…that’s a good feeling!”
Fans can pre-order The Rest of Our Life today through Amazon Music, Apple Music, iTunes, Spotify, and Google Play. The album will be available beginning Nov. 17.