Fans are reacting on social media
Justin Bieber is moving on from his Purpose world tour, the singer announced on Monday.
“Due to unforeseen circumstances, Justin Bieber will cancel the remainder of the Purpose World Tour concerts,” the star’s rep said in a statement. “Justin loves his fans and hates to disappoint them. He thanks his fans for the incredible experience of the Purpose World Tour over last 18 months. He is grateful and honored to have shared that experience with his cast and crew for over 150 successful shows across six continents during this run. However, after careful consideration, he has decided he will not be performing any further dates. Tickets will be refunded at point of purchase.”
The cancellation will impact ticket holders of over a dozen upcoming concerts, including a Dallas show scheduled for Saturday. Bieber was also slated to play the Rose Bowl in Los Angeles and shows in New York, Minneapolis, Boston, and Toronto before heading to Asia for a handful of concerts in Japan, the Philippines, and Singapore.
A specific reason for his decision was not provided, and a rep for Bieber did not immediately reply to EW’s request for comment. TMZ reported on Monday that a source said Bieber is “just over it.”
Fans were quick to share their displeasure with the situation on social media.
The Purpose tour marked Canadian pop star’s third world tour; the extended jaunt kicked off on March 9, 2016 in Seattle and took Bieber all over North America, Asia, Europe, Africa, and Latin America. His performances in the first half of 2017 alone raked in $93.2 million, according to concert tour trade Pollstar.
The decision comes after China banned the singer from performing there due to “bad behavior” earlier in July.