Singer's label says Grande 'is okay'

UPDATE 2: According to the Associated Press, the Islamic State has "claimed responsibility" for the attack, and Manchester police say the death toll has risen to 22. Manchester Arena, where the incident took place, tweeted out a new statement Tuesday that called what happened a "senseless tragedy." "We cannot praise the emergency services enough for their response and have been inspired by the way the people of this great city of Manchester rallied around last night and have continued to respond today," it reads. "It shows the very best of this city."

The Greater Manchester Police issued another update Tuesday specifying that they've "executed warrants, one in Whalley Range, and one in Fallowfield, where a controlled explosion took place." They also announced a vigil led by Mayor Andy Burnham set to take place Tuesday night.

UPDATE 1: At least 19 people are dead in what police suspect is "a terrorist incident" at Manchester Arena, where Ariana Grande was performing on her Dangerous Woman Tour.

In the latest statement from the Greater Manchester Police, it was announced that there have been at least 19 confirmed deaths, as well as around 50 others injured. "We are currently treating this as a terrorist incident until we know otherwise," reads the police statement.

The Twitter account for the venue also shared an update, revealing the incident took place "as people were leaving the Ariana Grande show" and was "outside the venue in a public space."

ORIGINAL STORY: Police are reporting "a number of confirmed fatalities" after a reported explosion at a U.K. concert venue where Ariana Grande performed Monday night.

"Ariana is okay," a label rep for Grande said in a statement to EW. "We are further investigating what happened."

The Greater Manchester Police first shared news of the reported incident at approximately 11 p.m. local time, before updating that emergency personnel were responding to the "serious incident" and urging people to stay away from the area. Then, at 11:45 p.m. local time, they released a statement announcing "a number of confirmed fatalities and others injured" after a reported explosion.

It's unclear what happened, but on Twitter, concertgoers at Manchester Arena reported hearing "loud bangs" and posted video of people evacuating the arena. See their tweets below.