Michael Bolton announces new album of movie song covers
Michael Bolton has been churning out hits of his own for decades, and now, he’ll take on iconic classics featured in movies on his new album Songs of Cinema, out Feb. 10.
The album, which will be the Grammy winner’s 27th, will feature tributes to songs like “I’ve Got a Woman” from Ray, “As Time Goes By” from Casablanca, and of course, the ballad “Jack Sparrow” from his Saturday Night Live digital short with the Lonely Island.
“I’ve always been a huge fan of the movies,” Bolton said in a statement. “I love all the classics from Casablanca to The Wizard of Oz.”
The news of the 10-song album follows Netflix’s announcement earlier this week that Bolton will be starring in Michael Bolton’s Big, Sexy Valentine’s Day Special on Feb. 7, a “sexy” variety special featuring a slew of comedy stars, and aimed at getting people “in the mood to make love.”
See below for the Songs of Cinema tracklist and album cover.
- “When a Man Loves a Woman,” from When a Man Loves a Woman
- “Stand by Me,” from Stand by Me
- “I’ve Got a Woman,” from Ray
- “I Will Always Love You (feat. Dolly Parton),” from The Bodyguard
- “Old Time Rock and Roll,” from Risky Business
- “I Heard it Through the Grapevine,” from The Big Chill
- “Cupid,” from Michael Bolton’s Big Sexy Valentine’s Day Special
- “Somewhere Over the Rainbow,” from The Wizard of Oz
- “As Time Goes By,” from Casablanca
- “Jack Sparrow,” from The Lonely Island SNL digital video short