Natasha Henstridge says Harvey Weinstein sexually harassed her before Brett Ratner did
On Wednesday’s Megyn Kelly Today, Henstridge said she was motivated to speak out about her own alleged experiences with sexual harassment after a slew of women accused Harvey Weinstein of sexual misconduct spanning decades. The actress said she was also sexually harassed by Weinstein when she was a young actress.
“The whole reason I came forward about Brett, is because people knew the Harvey Weinstein story,” she told Kelly.
Henstridge, 43, said Weinstein came on to her during a business meeting at the Sundance Film Festival. She did not specify what year this allegedly took place.
“One thing led to another and he became very flirtatious,” she said. “He did some terrible things there as well. He pleasured himself in front of me.”
Added Henstridge, “The whole reason that I came out about Brett is because I had this situation with Harvey and everyone was telling me and people knew the story as well, and people were imploring me to come out about it.”
Fighting back tears, Henstridge opened up about the night she said she was forced to perform oral sex on Ratner in his New York apartment after watching a movie with a group of friends. She alleged Ratner blocked the doorway when she tried to leave. Henstridge was 19 at the time.
“At first I thought he was just coming on strong and trying to convince me that there was something between us,” she said. “I made more of an effort to sort of get out and that is when I realized he wasn’t playing around anymore. He just got very aggressive.”
Henstridge said she was “horribly ashamed” by the encounter and that she ran home in tears.
“When you physically don’t know what someone is capable of – when you are afraid of them, you don’t know what they are capable of doing, and therefore you submit. And I submitted,” she said. “I did submit.”
Henstridge said that out of shame, she didn’t tell anyone about the incident for years.
“I shoved it away very quickly and moved past it. It reared it’s head when I had to run into him and see him,” she said, adding, “You push that stuff away and become a warrior.”
The actress first spoke of her alleged experience with Ratner in a Los Angeles Times report. Along with Henstridge, six women — including actress Olivia Munn — accused the longtime Hollywood power player, 48, who directed the Rush Hour series and produced movies including Horrible Bosses and The Revenant, of sexual misconduct.
In a statement to the L.A. Times, Ratner’s attorney Martin Singer vehemently denied the specific allegations and said “no woman has ever made a claim against him for sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. Furthermore, no woman has ever requested or received any financial settlement from my client.”
Singer specifically disputed Henstridge’s allegation to the L.A. Times, saying Ratner spent time with Henstridge but claiming the actress was “upset after learning my client had a girlfriend who he would not leave” for her.
A spokesperson for Weinstein previously told PEOPLE in a statement, “Any allegations of non-consensual sex are unequivocally denied by Mr. Weinstein. Mr. Weinstein has further confirmed that there were never any acts of retaliation against any women for refusing his advances.”
This article originally appeared on People.com