Credit: Tim Mosenfelder/Getty Images; Lester Cohen/Getty Images
12. ''I Perform This Way'' (2011) Parodies: Lady Gaga's ''Born This Way'' Watch Here Though there was some initial doubt as to whether or not Gaga had given Al the okay to send up her most massive single, the song ultimately got her approval and looks to be another hit for him — and yet another comeback in his long career. Standout line: ''I might be wearing Swiss cheese/Or maybe covered with bees/It doesn't mean I'm crazy/I perform this way''
11. ''Another One Rides the Bus'' (1981) Parodies: Queen's ''Another One Bites the Dust'' Watch Here Al's first crossover hit (which premiered on The Dr. Demento Show) turns Queen's arena anthem into an accordion-fueled rant about taking public transportation. It earned him his first national TV exposure when he performed it on The Tomorrow Show With Tom Snyder. Standout line: ''It was smelling like a locker room/There was junk all over the floor/We're already packed in like sardines/But we're stopping to pick up more''
10. ''Jurassic Park'' (1993) Parodies: Richard Harris' take on Jimmy Webb's ''MacArthur Park'' Watch Here Though ''MacArthur Park'' wasn't a major pop hit when Al released this track, he did latch onto the incredible Jurassic Park phenomenon. It also gets bonus points for having an extra-cool Claymation video. Standout line: ''Jurassic Park is frightening in the dark/All the dinosaurs are running wild/Someone left T. rex out of his pen/I'm afraid those things'll harm me/Because they sure don't act like Barney''
9. ''It's All About the Pentiums'' (1999) Parodies: Diddy's ''It's All About the Benjamins (Rock Remix)'' Watch Here Diddy's extra-flossy version of hip-hop was ripe for parody, and Al took the ball and ran with it with another nod to his computer-loving superfans. Standout line: ''I should do the world a favor and cap you like Old Yeller/ You're just about as useless as JPEGs to Helen Keller''
8. ''White and Nerdy'' (2006) Parodies: Chamillionaire's ''Ridin'' Watch Here Al's biggest chart hit (it peaked at No. 9 on the Billboard Hot 100) is a time capsule of awesomely nerdy things, from Dungeons & Dragons to Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Standout line: ''Only question I ever thought was hard/Was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?/Spend every weekend at the Renaissance Faire/Got my name on my underwear''
7. ''Lasagna'' (1988) Parodies: Los Lobos' version of ''La Bamba'' Watch Here Many of Al's best songs are about food, and ''Lasagna'' turns this traditional Mexican folk tune (which Los Lobos took to the top of the charts in 1987) into a rant about Italian cooking. Standout line: ''You shoulda taste my lasagna/You don't like-a lasagna/That's okay too/How about a calzone?''
6. ''Like a Surgeon'' (1985) Parodies: Madonna's ''Like a Virgin'' Watch Here The video for Yankovic's take on Madonna's massive single was in almost as heavy rotation on MTV as the clip it was mocking. Standout line: ''I was last in my class/Barely passed at the institute/ Now I'm trying to avoid/Yeah, I'm trying to avoid a malpractice suit''
5. ''Trapped in the Drive Thru'' (2007) Parodies: R. Kelly's ''Trapped in the Closet'' Watch Here Though Kelly's epic pop opera is so ridiculous it's almost beyond parody, Al's homage to the mundane practice of getting some fast food has plenty of laughs and is also pretty smart. Standout line: ''I said, 'I don't know, do you want to get something delivered?'/She's like, 'Why would I want to eat liver? I don't even like liver'/I'm like, 'No, I said delivered'/She's like, 'I heard you say liver'/I'm like, 'I should know what I said'/She's like, 'Whatever, I just don't want any liver'''
4. ''Fat'' (1988) Parodies: Michael Jackson's ''Bad'' Watch Here Not only did Yankovic send up Jackson's big 1987 hit, but he also continued the joke by calling his album Even Worse. Standout line: ''The pavement cracks/When I fall down/I've got more chins than Chinatown''
3. ''Smells Like Nirvana'' (1992) Parodies: Nirvana's ''Smells Like Teen Spirit'' Watch Here Yankovic lovingly sent up Kurt Cobain's marble-mouthed delivery of ''Smells Like Teen Spirit,'' which Cobain claimed was the sign he knew his band had made it. Standout line: ''Well, we don't sound like Madonna/Here we are now/We're Nirvana/Sing distinctly?/We don't wanna!''
2. ''Eat It'' (1984) Parodies: Michael Jackson's ''Beat It'' Watch Here MJ was ripe for parody even before things got weird, and his smash hit about resolving differences on the street became a message to kids who didn't want to finish dinner. Standout line: ''You better listen/You better do what you're told/You haven't even touched your tuna casserole''
''Amish Paradise'' (1996) Parodies: Coolio's ''Gangsta's Paradise'' Watch Here Al's homage to living the simple life also got him in the hottest water, as Coolio famously took offense to the parody (which is why Al now gets approval from all of the artists he sends up). Standout line: ''If I finish all of my chores/And you finish thine/Then tonight we're gonna party like it's 1699''