Snappy Judgments: 2010 Emmy Nominations
Image Credit: FX; Justin Stephens/NBC (2); Mitchell Haaseth/NBC (2)I’m Super-Ecstatic About:
* The nods for Friday Night Lights‘ long-overdue leads, Kyle Chandler and Connie Britton.
* Parks and Recreation‘s Amy Poehler being up for lead actress.
* Glee standout Chris Colfer sneaking into the supporting-actor race. Ditto his awesome TV dad, Mike O’Malley (for guest actor).
* Elizabeth Mitchell snagging a guest-actress nod for Lost. Ditto Matthew Fox (for lead actor).
* All the Modern Family love.
* Jim Parsons’ second consecutive nod for The Big Bang Theory.
* The Good Wife‘s rockin’ female trio (Julianna Margulies, Archie Panjabi, and Christine Baranski) all making the cut.
* Burn Notice breaking through via a nod for Sharon Gless.
I’m Rolling My Eyes About:
* Two words: Tony Shalhoub.
* Two more words: Jon Cryer.
I’m Super-Pissed About:
* Emmy recognizing the entire Modern family except Ed O’Neill.
* No best-drama nod for Friday Night Lights. Voters also neglected to recognize season 4 MVP Zach Gilford.
* Emmy flunking Community.
* No love for Chuck.
* Timothy Olyphant’s unJustified snub.
* The absence of Fringe‘s John Noble.
* Cougar Town getting bubkes.
* Ugly Betty‘s stellar final season going unnoticed.
* House‘s Lisa Edelstein getting overlooked yet again.
* Sons of Anarchy’s Katey Sagal getting screwed.
* Diddlysquat for Spartacus: Blood and Sand and star Andy Whitfield.
Okay, that’s my two cents’ worth. Now it’s your turn. Post your own snappy judgments below.