Blindspot adds Luke Mitchell, Michelle Hurd in season 2
Luke Mitchell and Michelle Hurd have joined the cast of Blindspot as new series regulars in season 2, EW has learned.
Hurd, an original Law & Order: SVU cast member whose recent credits include Daredevil and Hawaii Five-0, will play another member of the shadowy organization that sent Jane to the FBI.
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.‘s Mitchell, whose character was recently killed off the ABC super series, will play Roman, also a member of the organization. Roman’s name was mentioned in the finale as a contact Jane was supposed to connect with, and he’s been teased on the show before — he appeared in Jane’s flashback to her childhood, in which we saw a boy with a scar on his face.
MORE ON COMIC-CON: Everything to know about EW’s Con-X event | See the movie panels schedule | See the TV panels schedule | Your burning questions about Comic-Con, answered | Subscribe to EW and get an exclusive Marvel duffel bag in this limited-time offer
Above, you’ll find the season 2 sneak peek shown during the panel. And here are a few other juicy bits revealed on Saturday:
- The premiere will have a few big reveals, including Jane’s real name and background.
- Season 2 will kick off three months after the action in the finale, as the team is dealing with Jane being “an imposter,” according to the show’s creator, Martin Gero.
- That premiere also won’t revolve around any particular tattoo. That’ll pick up again in episode 2.
- Weller and Jane still aren’t in a great place, but the actors have their fingers crossed. “Hopefully, we’ll make amends,” Sullivan Stapleton said.
- Criminal mastermind Rich Dotcom, played by Ennis Esmer, is returning! Ditto Trieste Kelly Dunn’s Allison Knight.
Blindspot returns on Wednesday, Sept. 14 at 10 p.m. ET on NBC.
Entertainment Weekly is on the scene at San Diego Comic-Con. Go inside with all our coverage, available here.