Subtle Art author Mark Manson will get real in his next book, Everything is F—ed
Mark Manson gave countless readers some very timely advice with his 2016 mega-best-seller, The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck, a guidebook for how to get through some troubled times. Don’t expect to find quite as much solace in his follow-up — instead, readers will get a brutally fun reality check.
EW can exclusively announce that Manson will next publish Everything Is F*cked: A Book About Hope with Harper this spring. In this anticipated follow-up, Manson turns his gaze from the inevitable flaws within each individual self to the endless calamities taking place in the world around us. Drawing from the pool of psychological research on these topics, as well as the timeless wisdom of philosophers such as Plato, Nietzsche, and Tom Waits, he dissects religion and politics and the uncomfortable ways they have come to resemble one another. He looks at our relationships with money, entertainment and the internet, and how too much of a good thing can psychologically eat us alive. He openly defies our definitions of faith, happiness, freedom — and even of hope itself.
As HarperCollins teases for EW, “Manson takes us by the collar and challenges us to be more honest with ourselves and connected with the world in ways we probably haven’t considered before. It’s another counterintuitive romp through the pain in our hearts and the stress of our soul.”
The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck is a No. 1 New York Times best-seller, which has remained on the list nearly every week since its Sept. 2016 publication. It has sold more than six million copies worldwide.
Below, EW can exclusively reveal the cover for Everything Is F*cked, as well as the tour that Manson is set to embark on this summer, including dates and locations. Everything Is F*cked publishes May 14 and is available for pre-order.
Everything is F*cked Tour Information
Tickets go on sale Friday for Mark Manson’s 11-city book tour. During the Everything is F*cked Tour, Mark will offer self-help for people who hate self-help — a no-BS brand of life advice and cultural commentary that has struck a chord with people around the world. The hour-long talk will be a counterintuitive romp that explores the highs and lows of modern life. Each ticket includes a copy of Everything is F*cked (a $27 value). VIP ticketholders will have prime seating, receive a signed book, and will meet Mark backstage for a photo. Subscribers to MarkManson.net will be invited to an exclusive post-show talkback and Q&A with Mark.
- 5/14 – New York, NY – The Town Hall
- 5/15 – Atlanta, GA – Buckhead Theatre
- 5/16 – Phoenix, AZ – The Van Buren
- 5/20 – Los Angeles, CA – The Wiltern
- 5/23 – Silver Spring, MD – The Fillmore
- 5/24 – Boston, MA – House of Blues
- 6/2 – Houston, TX – House of Blues
- 6/3 – Dallas, TX – House of Blues
- 6/4 – Vancouver, BC – The Rio Theatre
- 6/5 – Seattle, WA – The Neptune Theatre
- 6/18 – Charleston, SC – Charleston Gaillard Center
- First look: Inside Samantha Downing's next novel, For Your Own Good
- Sara Canning, Osric Chau, Gracie Gillam, and Barbara Crampton set for horror film Superhost
- First Look: The Nest author Cynthia D’Aprix Sweeney does delightful family drama again with Good Company
- Matthew McConaughey says he almost quit acting: 'I was not going back'