Niall Horan on One Direction's future: 'We will be back'
It seems the boys of One Direction still have a whole lot of “History” to make.
Though the four remaining players of the biggest boy band on the planet broke the hearts of fans everywhere when they announced a hiatus following the release of their fifth album last year, not all is lost.
Niall Horan told British paper the Sunday People that One Direction “will be back. We would be silly not to…ridiculous,” confirming rumors that the band’s extended break will not be permanent.
Horan has spent his free time establishing himself as a solo artist, and released his first single, “This Town,” in September. At a recent red carpet event in Los Angeles, Horan said that his bandmates were “all doing [their] own thing…I don’t think anyone needs to worry about us – we are fine.”
The hiatus was a welcome break for the Brits, who had churned out nearly an album a year since their creation on The X Factor, but even with some off time, the four have stayed busy. As Horan continues recording music, Harry Styles has been testing his acting chops in Christopher Nolan’s Dunkirk, Liam Payne has been working on his own solo material following a July deal with Capitol, and Louis Tomlinson has taken on the role of new father following the birth of his son Freddie in January. Tomlinson previously told EW that he hoped he would spend his extended break writing new music, with some help from Liam Payne.