American Horror Story: Ryan Murphy teases season 6 twist
Wednesday night is the episode American Horror Story fans won’t want to miss. As EW exclusively revealed, episode 6 of AHS: Roanoke is the game-changing hour that turns the entire show on its head. “It’s the biggest plot twist we’ve ever done on the show,” said co-creator Ryan Murphy on a conference call this morning. “The season was sort of written as if the season was two different shows. Something happens where half the cast is revealed to be playing and doing something absolutely different than you’ve seen in the first five. There’s a startling announcement at the end of act 3 that resets the rest of the season up until episode 10.”
Here are some other highlights from the Murphy chat:
- Both Taissa Farmiga and Finn Wittrock will be appearing on AHS: Roanoke. In terms of Farmiga, who hasn’t been on the franchise since Coven, Murphy said it was simply due to finding the right part for her.
- Murphy confirmed that Lady Gaga’s witchy character on Roanoke is the FIRST Supreme, a nod to season 3’s Coven.
- Speaking of that spellcasting installment, Murphy confirms they will return to the storyline of Coven in a future iteration. “At some point, we’re going to do a return to the Coven season. I don’t know what season that will be.”
- AHS season 7 will also find itself connected to a previous season. “Next year, we will be going back to some Freak Show characters, deeper histories and myhthologies. So we’re sort of still exploring season 4 in season 7.”
- In terms of episode 10, “The finale is the wrap-up to Roanoke but the mythology and some of the characters will continue in subsequent seasons. So it’s the ending but not the ending.”
An anthology series that centers on different characters and locations, including a haunted house, an insane asylum, a witch coven, a freak show, and a hotel.