David James/2015 Lucasfilm LTD.
August 27, 2016 at 03:07 PM EDT

It appears Star Wars: Episode VIII will remain without a public title for a little while longer.

Speaking on the podcast My Dad Wrote a Porno, star Daisy Ridley revealed that while she had heard a title for the Force Awakens follow-up, she didn’t expect it to be announced in the near future.

“I heard a title, and I’m not sure if it’s going to be that. I really don’t know much about anything,” she said. Pressed for more details, Ridley said, “I have heard it, but I heard it a long time ago before we started filming. So I feel like some things have tweaked slightly during [production], but it’s going to be a while before it’s released, I’d imagine.”

Directed by Rian Johnson, Star Wars: Episode VIII will arrive in theaters on Dec. 15, 2017. Its predecessor, last year’s Star Wars: The Force Awakens, didn’t receive its official title until 13 months before release, in November of 2014.

As for Ridley’s appearance on My Dad Wrote a Porno, which is a comedy podcast about a man who found out his father had written an X-rated book, the actress said her mother was a big fan.

“My mom turned me on to this,” Ridley said, laughing about the unintentional pun. “She’s going to be prouder that I’m here than anything else in my life.”

Listen to Ridley’s appearance on the podcast here.

You May Like

Comments

EDIT POST