Jared Leto is going from Arkham Asylum to futuristic Los Angeles.
The Suicide Squad star has officially signed on as the last cast member in the upcoming Blade Runner sequel, joining Harrison Ford, Ryan Gosling, and Robin Wright. Sicario director Denis Villeneuve is heading up the continuation of Ridley Scott’s 1982 original, and although we know Ford is reprising his role as Rick Deckard, the rest of the story is being kept under wraps.
Set several decades after the events of the original Blade Runner, the untitled sequel is written by Michael Green and original Blade Runner co-writer Hampton Fancher. Other cast members include Ana de Armas, Sylvia Hoeks, Carla Juri, Mackenzie Davis, Barkhad Abdi, David Dastmalchian, Hiam Abbass, Lennie James, and Dave Bautista.
“It’s a great team and spirits are very high,” Villeneuve told EW last month. “Failure is not an option.”
There are no details yet on who Leto might be playing, but Alcon Entertainment co-founders Andrew Kosove and Broderick Johnson said in a statement that Leto will “create a truly memorable, never before seen character.” (Who wants to start betting on what kind of weird gifts Leto will send Ford and Gosling?)
The Blade Runner sequel is set for release on Oct. 6, 2017.