D Dipasupil/FilmMagic; @MalayHo/Twitter
August 16, 2016 at 12:29 PM EDT

A dozen false alarms later, and Frank Ocean’s second album is still unreleased. But in a new Reddit AMA, Malay Ho, the producer who helmed Ocean’s phenomenal debut, 2012’s Channel Orange, has suggested fans try not to worry about the delay.

“First of all we all massively appreciate and love you guys, Frank has told me this himself many times,” he said when asked about the collection, which is reportedly titled, Boys Don’t Cry. “To be fair, art cannot be rushed. It’s about making sure the perfect aesthetic for the situation has been reached, to do that, takes constant tweaking, trial and error… That goes for any creative [situation].”

Speaking to Pitchfork back in March, Ho said that the album will come “when [Ocean’s] ready.” He said, “We’ve all been working hard. He’s been working super hard. I feel like he’s working harder than he’s ever worked in his life. I’m excited for everyone to hear it. I think people are going to be pleasantly surprised, for sure.”

Earlier this summer, the New York Times reported that Boy’s Don’t Cry would be out via Apple Music on Aug. 5. Shortly after, Ocean debuted a live-stream, also via the streaming service, that showed a black-and-white warehouse, two workbenches, and an unidentified figure working with a table saw. Many fans thought that would become a countdown to the collection, but Aug. 5 came and went without a new set of music.

Until fans actually hear music there’s not much to do, besides ruminate on everything we already know.

You May Like

Comments

EDIT POST