Star Wars: The Force Awakens new Blu-ray will feature J.J. Abrams commentary
There’s a new Blu-ray for Star Wars: The Force Awakens coming — this time with a commentary track by J.J. Abrams and some never-before-seen deleted sequences.
The four-disc “3D Collector’s Edition” will begin rolling out overseas on Oct. 31 and will be released in North America on Nov. 15, Lucasfilm announced Wednesday.
Along with the theatrical release and audio commentary, which wasn’t part of the original Blu-ray debut, the new set will also feature the “classic bonus features” from the discs released last spring.
Here’s what else will be in the new collection:
- A look at how sound technicians blend action with audio effects in the featurette Foley: A Sonic Tale.
- Sounds of the Resistance, another audio themed doc showing how the sound designers blended real recordings into otherworldly effects in the film.
- Deleted Scenes – While there were a handful of deleted footage on the original Blu-ray, this one promises even more “never-before-shared” scenes.
- Dressing the Galaxy – A look at how wardrobe designs from the original trilogy were retooled by costume designer Michael Kaplan to fit the galaxy three decades later.
- Daisy Ridley and John Boyega share a conversation in The Scavenger and the Stormtrooper, a featurette that was released only on the previous disc as an exclusive at Target stores.
- Inside the Armory – A tour of the various weapons and battle gear in the battle between the Resistance and The First Order.
Here’s when and where the set will debut:
Holland and Sweden, Oct. 31
Italy and Spain, Nov. 2
Australia, Nov. 9
U.S. and Canada, Nov. 15
Brazil, Nov. 16
Germany, Nov. 24
For more Star Wars news, follow @Breznican.