Project Runway season 15 cast and premiere date announced
Talk about a fashion moment: Project Runway is hitting a major milestone. The Lifetime reality TV series will begin its 15th season on September 15.
“Season 15 is going to be a historic season,” judge Zac Posen tells EW. “Get ready — get ready for great talent, get ready for a wild ride on that sewing machine.”
And EW can now exclusively reveal the names of the contestants who will be going on that wild ride:
- Brik Allen (26), Baton Rouge, LA
- Laurence Basse (41), Los Angeles, CA
- Sarah Donofrio (34), Portland, OR
- Ian Hargrove (30), Chicago, IL
- Tasha Henderson (33), Shreveport, LA
- Nathalia JMag (23), Framingham, MA
- Linda Marcus (55), Milwaukee, WI
- Cornelius Ortiz (24), Boston, MA
- Roberi Parra (32), Miami, FL
- Jenni Riccetti (22), San Francisco, CA
- Kimber Richardson (42), New York, NY
- Erin Robertson (29), Cambridge, MA
- Dexter Simmons (32), Oakland, CA
- Alex Snyder (30), San Francisco, CA
- Rik Villa (31), Los Angeles, CA
- Mah-Jing Wong (28), Philadelphia, PA
Of the designers joining this season, host Heidi Klum says there’s a lot of talent and innovation, which allows the show to stay fresh after 14 years. “We’re not tired of it yet,” she says. “The concept is the same but the people are different, the challenges are different, and our guest judges are different — and they always bring something great to the table, too.”
Guest judges for the season include actresses Priyanka Chopra, Emily Ratajkowski, Nina Dobrev, Camilla Belle, Jaime King, Shiri Appleby, Sabrina Carpenter, and Carly Chaikin as well as Today anchor Savannah Guthrie, fashion designer Rebecca Minkoff, Project Runway Junior judge Kelly Osbourne, model Lucky Blue Smith, and Marie Claire editor-in-chief Anne Fulenwider.
RELATED: Project Runway: Where are they now?
Klum and Posen will return as judges alongside vet Nina Garcia (who calls this an “emotional” season) and designer mentor Tim Gunn.
Season 15 of Project Runway premieres Sept. 15 at 9 p.m. ET on Lifetime.
Karlie Kloss and Christian Siriano guide undiscovered designers through the harrowing rites of fashion.