TCA Awards: People v. O.J. Simpson, 'The Americans' among winners
The critics have spoken: FX’s O.J. Simpson miniseries, spy thriller The Americans, ABC’s Black-ish and USA’s Mr. Robot are the best shows of the year. The results of the Television Critics Association’s annual awards were revealed Saturday night in Beverly Hills.
The People v. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story was the night’s top winner with three awards, including program of the year and an award for star Sarah Paulson for outstanding individual achievement in drama.
FX’s The Americans took the award for outstanding drama series, besting HBO’s Emmy favorite Game of Thrones. This is the second year in a row The Americans won the category. ABC’s Black-ish took the award for outstanding comedy series.
In addition, USA’s hacker drama Mr. Robot won for best new program (though it’s currently airing its second season).
Here’s a complete list of the 2016 TCA Awards winners:
- Individual Achievement in Drama: Sarah Paulson (THE PEOPLE V. O.J. SIMPSON: AMERICAN CRIME STORY, FX)
- Individual Achievement in Comedy: Rachel Bloom (CRAZY EX-GIRLFRIEND, The CW)
- Outstanding Achievement in News and Information: FULL FRONTAL WITH SAMANTHA BEE (TBS)
- Outstanding Achievement in Reality Programming: MAKING A MURDERER (Netflix)
- Outstanding Achievement in Youth Programming: DANIEL TIGER’S NEIGHBORHOOD (PBS)
- Outstanding New Program: MR. ROBOT (USA)
- Outstanding Achievement in Movies, Miniseries and Specials: THE PEOPLE V. O.J. SIMPSON: AMERICAN CRIME STORY (FX)
- Outstanding Achievement in Drama: THE AMERICANS (FX)
- Outstanding Achievement in Comedy: BLACK-ISH (ABC)
- Career Achievement Award: Lily Tomlin
- Heritage Award: THE MARY TYLER MOORE SHOW (CBS)
- Program of the Year: THE PEOPLE V. O.J. SIMPSON: AMERICAN CRIME STORY (FX)