Captain America: Civil War: Blu-ray extra features revealed
Marvel’s superhero throwdown is coming your way in September.
Captain America: Civil War will be available on digital on Sept. 2, then debuts on Blu-ray a week and a half later on Sept. 13, Marvel Studios announced Thursday. As of now, the clash between Chris Evans’ Cap and Robert Downey Jr.’s Iron Man stands as the No. 1 film of the year, having earned $1.15 billion at the global box office.
There will be deleted scenes — as well as extended versions of scenes that did make the final cut — but specific details of what they will include haven’t yet been revealed. One thing that won’t be on the collection: a One-Shot short film, which Marvel stopped making back when the second Cap film came out two years ago.
The other extra features will include:
- A two-part behind-the-scenes documentary United We Stand, Divided We Fall, which will tell the story of the creation of the film that pitted Team Cap against Team Iron Man. This will delve back into the early development of the 13th Marvel Studios movie, exploring how the producers, writers, and filmmakers selected the superhero teams, why they introduced Black Panther and Spider-Man to the universe, and how they went about filming some of the larger fight and action sequences.
- Two rival “Road to Civil War” history lessons — one featurette will explore the evolution of Evans’ Captain America character, from scrawny, scrappy fighter to supersoldier and, ultimately, rebellious hero. Another will do the same for Downey’s Iron Man, exploring how he went from defiant hero with authority problems to the guy trying to force everyone else to operate under government oversight.
- A gag reel — a collection of blown lines, bungled fight moves, and other bloopers from behind the scenes.
- Audio commentary from directors Anthony and Joe Russo and screenwriters Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely. (All four worked on the previous Cap film, The Winter Soldier, and they’re also making Marvel’s upcoming, two-part Avengers: Infinity War project, due in 2018 and 2019.)
- Preview of Doctor Strange: The 14th movie in the Marvel Cinematic Universe will star Benedict Cumberbatch as the magic-wielding doctor. It opens Nov. 4.
Here’s a look at the cover art for the Blu-ray 3-D disc collection:
For more Marvel news, follow @Breznican.