Gillian Anderson addresses James Bond fan campaign
Mulder and Scully may have spent The X-Files‘ latest season sleeping apart, but Gillian Anderson has an idea of what they’d rather be doing.
The actress, currently starring in A Streetcar Named Desire at St. Ann’s Warehouse in Brooklyn, took a break from realism on Monday to give fans a little magic in the form of a Tumblr Q&A. Asked what her character and David Duchovny’s Mulder would do if they were trapped in a room at the end of the world, Anderson quoted Beyonce’s “Drunk in Love”: “We be all night. Surfin’ all in this good, good.” (Anderson has told EW, “I don’t know any words to any song whatsoever, other than ‘Drunk in Love.'”)http://chewiesgirlfriend.tumblr.com/post/144818946430/end-of-the-world-mulder-and-scully-are-trapped-in
Anderson also addressed the likelihood that she could appear as the next 007, a campaign that gained traction when she tweeted a fan-made poster imagining her in the role of Bond. Calling the idea “a fantasy,” she wrote, “Someone made a fabulous poster and it started an intriguing conversation. Will it ever happen in the real world? More than probably not.”http://chewiesgirlfriend.tumblr.com/post/144818168845/how-do-you-feel-about-the-jane-bond-news-and-how
Sounds like exactly what a secret agent would say.
Other highlights from the Q&A:
- Anderson points to “Someone Like You” as her favorite Adele song.
- Her favorite line of X-Files dialogue (from season 3’s “Syzygy”) is “Sure. Fine. Whatever.”
- She’s really into the puffer fish emoji.
- If she “had the power to change, create or amend one law internationally,” it would be the Equal Rights Amendment.
- Chewbacca, who gave his name to Anderson’s “chewiesgirlfriend” username, is a good date. “Our last date was to the Lego store at Rockefeller Plaza,” the actress wrote. “He knows my priorities.”