SXSW Gaming Awards 2016 winners
The Witcher 3 has yet another game of the year honor under its belt thanks to the 2016 SXSW Gaming Awards.
The CD Projekt Red open world title took home the top prize on March 19 at the annual SXSW Gaming Awards, along with wins for Excellence in Technical Achievement and Excellence in Narrative. The game most recently won Game of the Year at the Game Developers Choice Awards in San Francisco on March 16.
Bloodborne, Rise of the Tomb Raider, and Undertale each took home two awards, while other winners included Her Story and Star Wars Battlefront. The Gamer’s Voice awards, chosen by those attending SXSW Gaming events, went to Superhot for single player game and Gang Beasts for multiplayer.
Non-game categories included Most Entertaining Online Personality, which went to Kinda Funny’s Greg Miller (who also won Trending Gamer at The Game Awards), and Most Valuable eSports Team, which was awarded to Evil Geniuses.
Finalists were chosen by the SXSW Gaming Advisory Board and voted on by the public and the board.
Check out the full list of winners from the awards show below.
- Video Game of the Year: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
- Mobile Game of the Year: Her Story
- Table Top Game of the Year: Pandemic Legacy
- Excellence in Gameplay: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
- Excellence in Art: Bloodborne
- Excellence in Animation: Rise of the Tomb Raider
- Excellence in Technical Achievement: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
- Excellence in Visual Achievement: The Order: 1886
- Excellence in Narrative: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
- Excellence in Design: Bloodborne
- Excellence in SFX: Star Wars Battlefront
- Excellence in Musical Score: Ori and the Blind Forest
- Excellence in Multiplayer: Rocket League
- Excellence in Convergence: Batman: Arkham Knight
- Most Enduring Character: Lara Croft, Rise of the Tomb Raider
- Most Valuable Esports Team: Evil Geniuses
- Most Entertaining Online Personality: Greg Miller (Kinda Funny)
- Most Promising New Intellectual Property: Splatoon
- Most Fulfilling Crowdfunded Game: Undertale
- Matthew Crump Cultural Innovation Award: Undertale
- Gamer’s Voice Award Multiplayer: Gang Beasts
- Gamer’s Voice Award Single Player: Superhot