The Walking Dead: Josh McDermitt reveals what Eugene has been up to back in Alexandria
While Rick Grimes and Co. have been off murdering people in their sleep and luring unsuspecting victims onto a “Kill Floor,” one member of their gang has been back cooling his heels in Alexandria.
As all the mayhem broke out, we couldn’t help but wonder: what the heck is Eugene up to right now? So we asked the guy who plays him, Josh McDermitt, to enlighten us as to the mullet-man’s activities back home, and he was kind enough to fill in the blanks. So here for your consideration and consumption is Josh McDermitt’s list of the five things Eugene has been doing back in Alexandria over the past two episodes.
What Eugene has been up to, according to Josh McDermitt:
1) Eugene ended up eating all of the acorn and beet cookies left over from Carol’s big baking extravaganza. He started in her kitchen licking the leftover batter from the spoon and bowl. Then he ended up at Sam’s grave where he ate the cookie Carol left for him — at least what was left of it after some ants devoured half of it.
2) Eugene slept in everyone’s bed, trying to figure out which one he may want to take. Let’s be honest, the rest of the group is on a serious life-or-death mission to kill as many Saviors as possible, and there was a good chance someone would die and not come back. Who is it going to be? Hard to say … Might as well try all the beds and do some swapping if need be.
3) Eugene had plenty of time to raid Jessie’s beauty supply cabinet after Alexandria’s resident hairdresser was swarmed to death. There were a lot of hair care products that were only being used by Daryl. Gotta keep that mullet silky smooth.
4) Speaking of Daryl … tried on Daryl’s vest that has wing patches sewn on the back. Removed the wings and stitched on mullets shaped to look like wings. Hoping Daryl is too occupied with killin’ to notice.
5) With Father Gabriel along for the killing spree, Eugene has taken over pastoral duties … which only consists of eating all the communion wafers and drinking the wine.
So there you have it, Josh McDermitt’s comprehensive accounting of all of Eugene’s activities over the past two episodes! Although judging by the preview for Sunday’s installment, he may just have his hands full with some more pertinent matters when the group returns.
AMC's zombie thriller, based on the classic comic book serial created by Robert Kirkman.