- TV Show
- run date
- Charlie Cox, Deborah Ann Woll, Elden Henson
- Current Status
- In Season
- Action, Comic/Graphic Novel
The Man Without Fear has returned — but this time he’s not the only heavyweight in Hell’s Kitchen: Season 2 introduces The Punisher (Jon Bernthal) and Elektra (Elodie Yung) as new villains (or is it allies?) for Matt Murdock (Charlie Cox). To help binge-watchers untangle the story chains and navigate the darkness of Daredevil, EW has compiled coverage of the superhero drama below.
BEFORE YOU BINGE
For more context on the season, catch up on the news about the show with these stories:
The EW review of season 2: TV critic Jeff Jensen dives into the first episodes of the season.
Charlie Cox reveals how Daredevil season 2 pays homage to the memorable hallway fight from season 1: Will the new scene top the first?
How will Matt Murdock prepare for The Defenders? Charlie Cox shares intel on the Man Without Fear’s involvement.
Jon Bernthal says he “went to a dark place” to play The Punisher: The actor stars as the iconic Marvel antihero in season 2.
DURING YOUR BINGE
Check back in this space while watching as we publish recaps and postmortems:
Costume designer Lorraine Calvert talks creating Elektra’s non-midriff-baring, utilitarian look. And yes, Daredevil’s costume has changed — but can you tell?
The story behind season 2’s version of the hallway fight scene. (AKA The hallway-to-stairwell sequence.)
Is Daredevil Team Cap or Team Iron Man? Matt Murdock himself — as in, Charlie Cox — explains.
The scoop on that major villain’s surprise return. Read our exclusive interview with the actor.
Elodie Yung reflects on Elektra, the meaning of “strong female character,” and TV diversity. And for those curious about her accent: The actress talks pronouncing “Matthew.”
NEED TO CATCH UP?
Follow the links below to revisit season 1.
- EW’s Daredevil season 1 recaps can be found here
- The season 1 review
- A discussion of all of season 1
- An Entertainment Geekly discussion of all of season 1 — and the conversation you have with yourself after your binge
- The story behind that one-take hallway fight
- How Daredevil gave birth to dark superhero stories (and showed us how to end them)
- 7 ways Marvel’s Daredevil is a superhero show for grown-ups