IGF Awards 2016 winners include Her Story, Oxenfree, Cibele
The unique approach of PC and mobile game Her Story earned the game the highest prize at the 18th annual Independent Games Festival Awards.
Developed by Sam Barlow, Her Story, which allowed players to uncover the mysteries of a series of police interrogations by keying into context clues and finding the correct video files, was awarded the Seumas McNally Grand Prize at the IGF Awards. The game also won the Excellence in Narrative award, in addition to winning three awards at the Game Developers Choice Awards, which were also held on March 16 in San Francisco.
Other winners included Undertale, Cibele, and Oxenfree. Check out the full list of IGF winners below, and see the list of GDC Awards winners here. For more on Her Story, which was one of EW’s best games of 2015, check out EW’s original review.
- Excellence in Narrative: Her Story (Sam Barlow)
- Excellence in Audio: Mini Metro
- Excellence in Design: Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes (Steel Crate Games)
- Excellence in Visual Art: Oxenfree
- ID@Xbox Rising Star Award: Girls Make Games — The Hole Story
- Nuovo Award: Cibele
- Best Student Game: Beglitched
- Audience Award: Undertale
- Seumas McNally Grand Prize: Her Story