New album to feature 15 tracks, three vocal collaborations, and a tour.
Ahead of her scheduled appearance as host and musical guest of the March 12 episode of Saturday Night Live, Ariana Grande spilled a few details regarding her upcoming third studio album during a Monday night Twitcam chat with fans.
In the Q&A, the singer discussed her plans to tour, the new LP’s creative direction, and even sang a verse from an unreleased track titled “Be Alright,” which you can see below.
“Be Alright” is expected to be included in the final track list on Dangerous Woman, Grande’s forthcoming album formerly known as Moonlight. She said the name of the album was changed to more accurately reflect where she was in her life at the time of recording. “Moonlight is a lovely song and it’s a lovely title,” she said. “It’s really romantic, and it definitely ties [the album] togehter, the old music and the new music, but Dangerous Woman is a lot stronger. I want to be empowering my fans.”
Check out a few highlights from Grande’s web chat below.
- The album’s standard edition will reportedly contain 15 tracks.
- Grande will debut two new tracks on Saturday Night Live
- Three vocal collaborations with other artists will appear on Dangerous Woman.
- “Voodoo Love” will not be featured on the album, but Grande is working to release it at a future date.
- In reference to Grande’s previous album covers, which feature the artist posing with her eyes closed, a fan asked if the “Break Free” singer will be “sleeping” on the Dangerous Woman album cover. “No, I woke up,” Grande replied.
- Speaking about Dangerous Woman‘s representation of her growth as a person and artist, Grande said “it sits in its own world. It doesn’t sound like anything that I’ve put out before.”
- “I have to put the album out first and promote it. It’s a while away, but it’s already being planned,” Grande said of her intention to tour the new music after its release.
A release date for Dangerous Woman has not been confirmed.