Kelly Clarkson to release remixed 'Piece by Piece' after 'American Idol' performance
Still riding the emotional wave spurred from her “Piece By Piece” performance on American Idol Thursday night, Kelly Clarkson released the live cut from the show Monday. She’ll also put out a remixed version of the album by the same name March 4, in honor of the record’s year anniversary.
The inaugural Idol winner returned to the singing competition Thursday night for a nostalgic rendition of the 2015 single, bringing everyone to tears. “Piece by Piece” and its accompanying record have since skyrocketed to the top of the charts, hitting iTunes’ No. 1 single and No. 3 album spots. Her performance marked the last round of top 10 contestants for Idol, which will end April 7 after its 15th season.
In a statement to EW Friday, Clarkson said she was “still overwhelmed” by the outpour of support, and called the moment “unforgettable.”
See a tracklist of Piece by Piece Remixed:
1. Piece By Piece (Idol Version)
2. Heartbeat Song (Lenno Remix)
3. Invincible (Vicetone Remix)
4. Someone (Frank Pole Remix)
5. Take You High (Rytmeklubben by Henrik The Artist & Torjus)
6. Let Your Tears Fall (Cutmore Remix)
7. Dance With Me (Young Bombs Remix)
8. Nostalgic (Mighty Mike & Teesa aka Kolaj Remix)
9. Second Wind (Cheat Codes Remix) 10. Tightrope (Tour Version)
Ryan Seacrest hosts as Katy Perry, Lionel Richie, and Luke Bryan guide aspiring singers on their way to superstardom.