DMX reportedly nearly died of a drug overdose Monday night.
According to a source of the New York Post’s Page Six, the rapper, 45, took a substance and collapsed in Yonkers, New York.
In accordance with HIPAA laws, police would not confirm the patient’s identity. But Lieutenant Patrick McCormack tells PEOPLE officers responded to a 911 call around 6:22 p.m. Monday at a Ramada Inn, where a 45-year-old male Mount Kisco resident was found unconscious and unresponsive, with no pulse and no respiration. (DMX, né Earl Simmons, is 45 and is reported to have lived in Mount Kisco, New York.)
Per McCormack, officers performed CPR and administered oxygen for a minute before the injured party began breathing shallowly. Officers were then informed the man may have ingested some sort of substance, and paramedics then administered Narcan, an opioid-reversal drug, McCormack says. (Narcan is used to treat narcotic overdoses in emergencies.)
The subject of the call is expected to make a full recovery, no charges are expected to be filed, and nothing suspicious was found at the scene, McCormack says.
“Our officers did a great job – they saved a life,” McCormack tells PEOPLE.
Reps for DMX could not be immediately reached for comment by PEOPLE, though they claim to TMZ and Page Six that the rapper suffered an asthma attack.