Nick Carter: Backstreet Boys singer speaks out after arrest
Nick Carter is once again addressing the alleged bar brawl that got him arrested in Key West, Florida, earlier this month.
“I am human and at times it can be a struggle to balance a healthy lifestyle. I’m not perfect and for that I am sorry,” Carter wrote on Twitter on Saturday morning.
The Backstreet Boy, 35, was booked by the Monroe County Sheriff’s Office on Jan. 13 after a fight broke out outside Hog’s Breath Saloon, according to police documents obtained by PEOPLE.
The police report claims Carter and Michael Papayans, who both appeared intoxicated, were asked to leave by the bartender several times. Once outside the bar, Papayans allegedly head-butted an employee and Carter grabbed a bouncer by the throat. Police said that the incident was captured by a security camera.
The day after the arrest, Carter was released from jail and appeared in court for a misdemeanor count of battery.
Shortly after his court appearance, Carter spoke to reporters about the arrest.
“I’m just a guy trying to enjoy some vacation time in Key West. The truth will come out,” said Carter, who is expecting a son with wife Lauren this spring.