Adam Driver starring in Jim Jarmusch movie 'Paterson'
- Adam Driver swings back to his comedy roots. The Star Wars: The Force Awakens bad will lead Paterson from Jim Jarmusch (Stranger Than Paradise). It marks another feature project for Amazon Studios, which finances along with K5 International. Paterson also stars Golshifteh Farahani (Body Of Lies). [Deadline]
- Netflix nabbed the streaming rights to Tallulah, a new film starring Juno alums Ellen Page and Allison Janney. The dramedy from writer-director Sian Heder (Orange is the New Black) follows a woman (Page) who takes a baby from a bad mother; Janney wrongly believes she’s the infant’s grandma. [Variety]
- Danny Glover and John C. McGinley are taking personal vows. Both actors will play priests The Good Catholic, an indie comedy from Paul Shoulberg. Zachary Spicer (Box of Crayons) plays a passionate young priest whose love for the job is upended after meeting a woman (Wrenn Schmidt) in confession. Glover will play an old-school father; contrarily, McGinley’s priest is more lax. Filming begins in Bloomington, Indiana, at the end of the month. [Variety]
- Andy Summers is following in ex-bandmate Sting‘s footsteps by getting into acting. The former Police guitarist jumps to The Temple, a supernatural horror from Scott Spiegel (actor in Evil Dead II). The movie details a policewoman who’s tasked with investigating the robbery of a temple in a remote area and has to handle suspicious villagers and an American TV team. The project — also starring Ian Buchanan (Panic Room), Emrhys Cooper (Person of Interest), and Keith Jefferson (The Hateful Eight) — will be shot in Bhutan, the first Western film to do so. Filming begins Jan. 20. [Variety]
- Bryan Cranston finds an on-screen son. Griffin Gluck (Just Go with It ) joins Cranston and James Franco in Why Him, a comedy centered on a Midwestern father (Cranston) going head-to-head with his college daughter’s tech-billionaire boyfriend (Franco). Filming for writer-director John Hamburg‘s (I Love You, Man) starts February in Los Angeles. [Deadline]
WANT MORE EW? Subscribe now to keep up with the latest in movies, television, and music.