Sharon Stone joins James Franco's The Disaster Artist
- Sharon Stone has joined The Disaster Artist, a making-of movie about Tommy Wiseau’s infamously bad cult flick The Room. James Franco is directing the film and stars as Wiseau. Stone will play a Hollywood agent. Dave Franco, Seth Rogen, Zac Efron, Josh Hutcherson, Alison Brie, Kate Upton, Ari Graynor, Jacki Weaver, Hannibal Buress, and Andrew Santino are also in the film. With no filmmaking experience, Wiseau wrote, directed, starred in, and produced the original work, about a man who discovers that his fiancée cheated on him with his best friend. [THR]
- Orange Is The New Black star Taylor Schilling has been cast in The Titan, which also stars Sam Worthington, Tom Wilkinson, and Sofia Boutella. Lennart Ruff is directing the film from a script by Max Hurwitz that’s based on an original story by Arash Amel. “Set in a not too-distant future, [the film] tracks the journey of a military family that is relocated to take part in a groundbreaking experiment of man’s genetic evolution into space,” Deadline writes of the plot. Shooting is set to begin next month in Europe. [Deadline]
- Charlotte Gainsbourg is in negotiations for The Snowman. Directed by Tomas Alfredson, the film has already enlisted Michael Fassbender and Rebecca Ferguson. Matthew Michael Carnahan adapted Jo Nesbo’s book for the screen. The film centers on Harry Hole, a detective in the Oslo police department, as he looks into the murder of a woman whose scarf is discovered tied to a snowman. Martin Scorsese is executive producing with Nesbo, Niclas Salomonsson, Liza Chasin, and Amelia Granger. [Deadline]
- Eiza Gonzalez has signed on for Edgar Wright’s Baby Driver. Ansel Elgort, Kevin Spacey, Jon Hamm, Jamie Foxx, and Lily James star in the crime thriller, which centers on an almost mute getaway driver (Elgort) who is forced into working for a crime boss and eventually faces a bad heist. Gonzalez takes the role of a bank robber and girlfriend to a brutal killer played by Hamm. [THR]
- Caleb Landry Jones is set for Get Out, a horror-thriller written and to be directed by Jordan Peele. Catherine Keener, Allison Williams, and Daniel Kaluuya are also in the cast of the film, which revolves around “a young African-American man who visits his Caucasian girlfriend’s family estate,” THR writes. Jason Blum, Sean McKittrick, and Edward H. Hamm Jr. are producing, with Couper Samuelson, Ray Mansfield, and Shaun Redick executive producing.
- Laura Linney is in talks for the lead role in The Dinner, which Oren Moverman is directing. He also wrote the script for the project, based on Herman Koch‘s novel, which looks at the lengths parents might take to protect their children. [Deadline]