Justin Bieber Carpool Karaoke with James Corden: Part 2
Justin Bieber took it back to his purple-hoodied, swoopy-banged roots for the latest installment of James Corden’s Carpool Karaoke when he busted out a little “Never Say Never,” the 2010 track featuring rap interludes from the Karate Kid himself, Jaden Smith.
Bieber is at his most charming and affable in the 12-minute video, as he was the first time he took a ride in Corden’s sensible SUV and solved a Rubik’s Cube on the spot. Bieber is currently promoting his latest album, Purpose, and a few of his recent appearances have hurt more than helped. Luckily, Corden’s effortless charm and wit made for the sort of easy back-and-forth he’s become increasingly known for, leading one to wonder why publicists aren’t fighting each other bare-knuckled in the streets to get their clients on The Late Late Show.
WANT MORE? Keep up with all the latest late-night coverage by subscribing to our newsletter. Head here for more details.
In any case, here are some of the things we learned about Bieber in the latest Carpool Karaoke:
- Bieber looks cool even when he’s wearing a long, sequined overcoat, much to Corden’s dismay.
- He’s really good at spontaneous call-and-response, as seen when Corden prompts him with “Where Are Ü Now,” “What Do You Mean?” and “Sorry.”
- “Ironic” by Alanis Morissette is Bieber’s go-to shower jam.
- Bieber insists that there was shrinkage in those nude pics, a claim that Corden was not buying: “If I was packing that sort of heat, I would rarely be clothed.” “You’re saying you’re not packing heat?” “Dude, no.”
- One of Bieber’s favorite movies is The Notebook, and it’s made him cry. (“I’m an emotional guy.”)