The Modern Ocean: Anne Hathaway, Daniel Radcliffe, Keanu Reeves cast in Shane Carruth's film
- The Modern Ocean rolled out its impressive cast: Anne Hathaway, Daniel Radcliffe, and Keanu Reeves are leading Shane Carruth‘s film, along with Chloe Grace Moretz, Tom Holland (Wolf Hall), Asa Butterfield (Ender’s Game), Jeff Goldblum, and Abraham Attah (Beasts of No Nation). Based on Carruth’s 200-page script, the adventure drama chronicles contentious fights for trade routes, culminating in a grand battle. Carruth will also appear in the film. [The Hollywood Reporter]
- Liam Neeson is in talks to lead Felt, from Concussion director Peter Landesman. The Watergate tale centers on FBI agent Mark Felt, who went by the alias “Deep Throat” while feeding information about President Richard Nixon to Washington Post reporters. Landesman penned the screenplay. Production on the spy thriller is pegged to begin in March 2016. [Variety]
- James Franco, Christian Slater, Garrett Clayton, Keegan Allen, Molly Ringwald, and Alicia Silverstone have joined the cast of King Cobra. From Justin Kelly, the tale inspired by a true story is about an impassioned murder that shook the porn industry. Slater plays a porn producer; Clayton is a rising star; and Franco is an angry escort-turned-producer. Allen plays Franco’s boyfriend and business partner; Ringwald is Slater’s sister; and Silverstone is the mother of Clayton. Filming has finished.
- Ice Cube is in line to replace Chris Pratt in Steve Pink‘s Vacation Friends. The movie, based on Tom and Tim Mullen’s script, was originally set to star Pratt and wife Anna Farris. Cube would play a buttoned-up lawyer whose girlfriend lets loose in Mexico with another couple — but then the other couple follows them home. [Deadline]
- Oscar-winner J.K. Simmons is joining The Bachelors, from writer-director Kurt Voelker. The movie follows a father and his teenage son as they move to a small town to restart their lives. Shooting begins in the spring. [Variety]
- Jessica Plummer has been cast in How to Talk to Girls at Parties from the original Hedwig, John Cameron Mitchell. The Neil Gaiman-adapted short story centers on a group of English punk friends in the ’70s who sneak into a party and find gorgeous woman who aren’t of this world — literally. Ruth Wilson, Nicole Kidman, Elle Fanning, Matt Lucas, and Alex Sharp also star. [Deadline]
- Sherri Shepherd has been cast in Jean of the Joneses, the new comedy from Stella Meghie, about a mid-20s woman Jean (Taylour Paige) and her idiosyncratic, big Jamaican-American family. Tempers flare up after a grandfather dies at the family’s home. Michelle Hurst, Mamoudou Athie, Erica Ash, Gloria Reuben, and Francois Arnaud also star. Filming will take place in New York and Toronto. [Deadline]