Jamie Foxx cast animated mouse Groove Tails
- Jamie Foxx dance moves will be unparalleled in his next role. He will be voicing an animated mouse named Biggz in Groove Tails. When he owes cheese to the wrong rodents, he gets caught up in the rat race of competitive street dancing. It will be directed by newcomer Cameron Hood, who’s worked on How to Train Your Dragon and Kung Fu Panda 2. [The Hollywood Reporter]
- Gabrielle Union is feeling a little Christmas in October. The actress leads up A Meyers Christmas, set around a family that’s lost touch getting back together for the holiday. David E. Talbert (Baggage Claim) directs his own script. It’s pegged to bow Nov. 11, 2016. [The Hollywood Reporter]
- Hope Davis is the newest addition to Claire. The remake of the 1982 French film Le Beau Mariage already stars Jena Malone (Hunger Games) and Alex Karpovsky (Girls). The plot is based on a 20-something woman (Malone) with unique tastes. After becoming annoyed with her married lover, she chooses to get hitched to a relative stranger (Karpovsky): the cousin of her best friend (Davis). It’s director Dori Oskowitz’s feature film debut off Juan Iglesias and Jonathan Saba’s script. [The Hollywood Reporter]
- Nocturnal Animals, an adaptation of Austin Wright’s book Tony and Susan, adds Karl Glusman (Stonewall) to the cast. From writer-director Tom Ford, the plot tracks a woman who gets a copy of her ex-husband’s debut book. She becomes absorbed by the fictional lead. It already stars Jake Gyllenhaal, Amy Adams, Kim Basinger, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Ellie Bamber, and Robert Aramayo. Lensing began Monday [Deadline]
- Measure of a Man, the Donald Sutherland and Blake Cooper (The Maze Runner) indie, grabs Luke Wilson and Judy Greer. Cooper plays the lead kid in the ’70s coming-of-age tale, seeking a job and a self-confidence boost. Wilson and Greer play Cooper’s folks. Jim Loach directs from David Scearce‘s script, based on 2004’s One Fat Summer, the award-winning children’s book from Robert Lipsyte. Production is underway in Rhode Island. [Deadline]
WANT MORE EW? Subscribe now to keep up with the latest in movies, television and music.