Marauders: Bruce Willis, Christopher Meloni, and Dave Bautista join cast
- Bruce Willis, Christopher Meloni, and Dave Bautista have been cast as the leads in Marauders. Steven C. Miller is directing the action thriller from a script by Michael Cody and Chris Sivertson. The film tells the story of an FBI agent who uncovers secrets kept by a bank owner (Willis) as he pursues a group of bank robbers who hand their stolen goods over to charity. Lydia Hull, Tyler Olson, Christopher Bowen, and Danny A. Abeckaser are also set for the film, which will kick off production later this month in Ohio. [Deadline]
- Isla Fisher is set for Nocturnal Animals, joining the previously cast Jake Gyllenhaal, Amy Adams, Michael Shannon, Kim Basinger, Armie Hammer, and Aaron Taylor Johnson. Tom Ford is directing and writing the film, which is based on Austin Wright’s novel Tony and Susan. He is also producing with Robert Salerno, who was his producing partner on A Single Man. The story follows Susan Morrow (Adams) as she reads the manuscript of her ex-husband’s first novel and becomes enthralled with the life of the fictional character at its center, Tony Hastings (Gyllenhaal). Fisher will appear as Tony’s wife, Laura Hastings. [Deadline]
- Hank Azaria will star in HBO Films’ Wizard of Lies, joining Robert De Niro, Michelle Pfeiffer, and Alessandro Nivola. Barry Levinson is directing the film, which explores Bernie Madoff’s (De Niro) Ponzi scheme. Azaria takes the role of Madoff’s go-to guy Frank Dipascali. Dipascali was one of five Madoff employees to be convicted of crimes, but he died of cancer prior to sentencing. Pfeiffer will assume the role of Madoff’s wife, Ruth Madoff, with Nivola as Madoff’s late older son Mark Madoff. Sam Levinson, Sam Baum, and John Burnham Schwartz adapted the film from Diana Henriques‘s book Wizard of Lies; Laurie Sandell‘s Truth and Consequences was also used as a resource. [Deadline]
- Michael Stahl-David has been cast in Rob Reiner’s LBJ. Joey Hartstone wrote the script for the film, which follows Vice President Lyndon Baines Johnson (played by Woody Harrelson) and the challenges he faced when he became president following the assassination of President John F. Kennedy in 1963. Shahl-David will play Attorney General Robert F. Kennedy, JFK’s brother who feuded with Johnson. Bill Pullman and Richard Jenkins will appear as politicians in the film, with Kim Allen as Jackie Kennedy. [Deadline]
- In addition to Marauders, Dave Bautista is joining Jane Levy in Bushwick, Entertainment Weekly has confirmed. Cary Murnion and Jonathan Milott are directing from a script by Nick Damici and Graham Reznik that’s based on a story by Murnion and Milott. Set in a time when Texas is trying to secede from the U.S., and New York City is being used to bargain, the plot follows 20-year-old Lucy (Levy) and war veteran Stupe (Bautista) who cross paths during the military invasion of Brooklyn and soon try to cross the dangerous five blocks of Bushwick to get to Lucy’s grandmother. The film is expected to go into production in New York this year.
- John Ortiz has two film roles on the horizon. Up first is director Zach Braff’s Going in Style, which sees Ortiz playing a character named Jesus, “a Mensa smart criminal who is socially responsible and deplores society’s treatment of the elderly.” The remake of the 1979 classic already has Morgan Freeman, Michael Caine, Alan Arkin, Ann-Margret, Peter Serafinowicz, Joey King, and Christopher Lloyd set to appear, and is being written by Theodore Melfi. Also on the docket for Ortiz is A Dog’s Purpose, a live-action film composed of a series of vignettes, based on W. Bruce Cameron’s novel. Bradley Cooper stars as the voice of the dog, with Dennis Quaid, Britt Robertson, KJ Apa, Juliet Rylance, and Peggy Lypton also set for roles. Ortiz will play Carlos, a no-nonsense cop who trains his dog to help him investigate crime. [Deadline]
- Marc Consuelos is set for the part of Vic in All We Had. Katie Holmes will make her directorial debut with the film about a young mother and her teenage daughter who move to a small midwestern town in an attempt to create a better life for themselves during the worldwide economic crisis. Stefania Owen, Luke Wilson, Richard Kind, and Judy Greer are set in starring parts. Josh Boone and Jill Killington adapted Annie Weatherwax’s novel for the screen. [Deadline]
- Bradley James will play the male villain in Underworld 5 opposite Kate Beckinsale and Theo James. Clementine Nicholson was also recently cast in the action-horror follow up, marking her first major role; she’ll play Lena, who is “the Nordic Coven’s greatest warrior and daughter of Vidar.” The film will begin shooting in Prague next month. [Deadline] & [Deadline]
WANT MORE EW? Subscribe now to keep up with the latest in movies, television and music.